A virgin mojito for the nerd

Make some noise. Confetti pouring from rainbows. Winds carry my tresses to tickle my back, in that backless dandy dress. The handsome, him, baggy clothes. Slightly biting on his lips.
Me: Haye......
Girls in the background screaming
Awww! Such a hottie! But who's that antique piece (yeah that's me)
He comes to me and doesn't give a fuck to what those girls said.
Come with me and I'll take you to a better place.

It's happening. He's leaning towards me. And I'm swoon in the intoxication that he had woven for me. Our lips brush.
My god his moustache, so soft.

Wait! This is getting wetter! Yuck! His breath smells like the meat curry last night!
Holy shit!!!
My dream kicks me out of its comfort, right into chikku's (my dog) mouth do I land.

Uhuhuhuh!

Mom: Wake up maharani! Or have you changed your plans.

10O'clock is the date. 9.45 already. My dream would turn into dust.
Heck! Ahana, suvar ki tarah sothe reh gayi tu!!
(Ahana! You kept sleeping like a damn Pig!!)

Jumped out of bed. In five minutes styled my beach waves, sneakers and a jumpsuit!!
Yeah well indeed a jumpsuit on a date wasn't something a woman well versed in dating would advice.
And finally my spectacles.
I never wore lipstick, but I made up my heart to kiss my lipgloss that day.
If you have a perception that I hadn't taken a bath. Your right ! Well no, for your kind information, I didn't want Noah to kiss a dog in disguise of a girl.
Having no time for dancing and singing anymore I woke up from my day dream to keep my things in a bag pack rather than carrying a sling or a tote and glided to the living room and out.

Mom: Beach waves and all huh!? For a group study. And what's that on your lips.

She was suspicious. Fingers crossed. The phone rang, my aunt. My snobby aunt, whom I shouldn't call so, had saved me from my mom. Thanks to her though.

Bye ....

A few steps down, and I was out of our apartment.
No more questions. No time to answer. I had to run. Already 15 mins late and 5 missed calls unnoticed on my ever silent phone.
There he was! Half a mile away from my apartment , in a garden nearby.

Nothing so otherworldly happened. I had an awkward smile. The awkward smile number 364 ever since I had started counting them.
His face didn't say it but my actions made it clear that I was so called late and nervous af. I had it tagged on myself " late on first date" wow!

There weren't those nagging girls who were jealous of me and adored the guy in front of me. But there were those hungry hyenas who were drooling at us for news. The news that they would want to spread in the vicinity about the topper about whom her mom boasted. The news that the girl was hanging out with a guy of her age, or may be dating , even if we weren't. I had two choices, either run for my mom's pride would be hurt or stay to find myself happy.

What would you decide? Do you think what I did was my ruining my peace?

"Th..th..they...are watching us." I stammered.

" So what? Trust me", he said , till he pulled me physically and mentally into a carefree world .

We were walking. But where to? I thought it would be a coffee date like most of you might have.

We crossed an industrial area, my specs gave up to the dust. Standing before a forlorn cloverleaf of roads, I tried to search in his eyes, so as to know where he wished to go.
Sadly he never made eye contact. I assume he didn't like it.

Time kept skipping faster than I realised and I had no courage to tell him that we had to hurry.

Him: Do you mind walking into the woods with me?
(Making as if he had read my thoughts)

Not at all.

Never thought that the guy would be so close to nature just the way I had dreamt to be.

Lot more than 20 minutes it had been and not even for a second did he leave my hand. Loved the way it felt, because I had never been touched that way.

We were there, not too away from town, a shimmering torrent, finding its way through its rocks. Hardly any light could penetrate through the forest.But still it was clear enough to see.

"This is what I wanted to show you. My favorite place."

"That's pretty. You have changed alot. Have you turned out to become much serious about things", I asked.

" Yeah, but not till I saw you", he raised his brows.

"I'm glad. That was at a level of something I could resist. Cause I was a big flirt too."

The best part I would say that he didn't take me out on a so called coffee date where we would just have to chit chat in a closed box.

" Your girlfriend.. uh ah... I mean the girl your speaking of.. does she know your on a date with me?", I asked in curiosity.

"I'm sorry .... But this ain't a date...."

My embarassment was on its way to me. Just before he said something. He was a charming guy for a pair of spectacles (me).