Chapter 4

So, the thing is, my graphics sucks and I need someone that can help me with making a cover for my book. Thank you.

I HATE A LOT OF THINGS, a lot, and I will list some of those things.

1. I hate it when someone whispers in my ear. I hate it like mad, like,why would you bring your lips closer to my ear and talk? Can't you just do that like with you at least two feet apart?

2. I hate it when someone acts like they know all about me. Like when someone says, "wow, she is so innocent." to me. Like puhleez,do you know what I do behind the doors?

3. I hate it when someone acts familiar with me when they don't even know me. A boy had done that when I was like... ten? I can't remember, but I had a panic attack on that day.

4. I hate it when someone calls me a masquerade. People do that a lot because of the way I armour myself.

5. I could go on and on, but let me stop at this, I hate it when people chew loudly beside me.

And my nemesis, I mean my brother is doing so right now, deliberately annoying me and not only that although he is not talking he is breaking my rule of social distancing. And the fact that mum is not paying attention to her son that was practically standing up from his chair to annoy me because she was chatting with my Father.

Table manners,parent!

But unfortunately,telepathy does not seem to work with the parents. Sighing heavily,i pleaded. "lanre, what do you want?"

Seeing that I was cooperating,he sat back down properly and cleared his throat, I knew his request would be... Let me allow you be a judge of that.

"so, onion sister, one of my friend's brother wants your number, can I give it to him?" he said poking his wrap of moin moin with his fork, he was probably looking for the tiny fishes in it.

Because I had been watching my brother's activity it took long before I got his words. I narrowed my eyebrows at him in suspicion as I thought of what he said, because, normally the boy I know would not even ask me before he gives my underwear to his friends, and don't ask me how I know, experience is the best teacher.

"what did you do?"I asked,surprisingly calm, not angry at all, it's my ADHD I think, because he wouldn't do up to what he is doing now and I would flare up, destroying things in the process, because apparently jumbled emotions and coordination is one of the symptoms of the aforementioned disorder.

Lanre flashed me a haughty smirk and shook his head lightly while putting the fishes he had fished out of his meal in his mouth. mum and dad were still conversing, I tried to listen to what they were talking about before his 'Majesty', my brother would decide to tell me the meaning behind his actions.

"you are naughty baby, you shouldn't do....... " I did not even allow mum finish her words before I tuned her out,reciting psalm 24 did the deeds.

I put the egg from my own piece of moin moin into my and chewed on it while trying to gauge my brother's reaction, I was good at it, my hypersensitivity is thanks to my ADHD. The specimen I am to examine was smirking viciously while eating his bread, humming like a satisfied farmer who had harvested more than he had anticipated.

Hmmn, this boy's reaction is fishy.

"Lanre, don't prolong this matter, face it, you can't just ask for my verdict before you would do whatever it is pleases you,what did you do?" By the time I was through I noticed mum and dad's attention had focused on us.

"oh, I did nothing,i was just pulling your legs, because who in their right mind would dream of relating themselves to you when you dress like a ma.....a, a, a hermit,a hermit, onion sister."

I was sure if mum's seat was not that close to where I and my brother was sitting,then he would have been slapped. She looked that angry.

"How dear you say that to your sister?do you know what she's been through? Lanre, you know I had grounded you before but you begged me and you said you would not cause any trouble,you are grounded, now go to your room and never come out till you reflect on your actions." Mum vehemently yelled, she was fuming.

What was going on almost made me laugh because I am not that concerned,he did not call me a masquerade, he knew i hated it.

Beside me, the scolded fool was shivering like a wet limp. He hates being scolded, poor boy.

Mum was not through, "apologize to your sister now." she said.

"Katherine, you are being too hard on the boy, I know he did not mean everything he said,he was merely jesting." Dad who has being keeping quiet all this while said while rubbing my fuming mother's back,trying to pacify her.

"oh oh, that was why you decided to sleep in when your child was having a dilemma? Or didn't you know Dera had a nightmare on Sunday and was screaming?"

What? I was screaming on Sunday? Was that why mum came into my room? But I never scream, what went wrong that day? I did not even know I screamed.

My heart was in a frenzy, the vivid dreams that appears almost every night was now replaying in my mind, all the shaking and callings my family was doing could not distract me, I was already sinking, but before I could go unconscious,i heard the worried tone of my brother.

"Onion sister,I will not call you a hermit again, please breath."

I didn't listen to him,i have always been stubborn,i still fainted. But before then, I told my brother in my mind.

I will hold you to your word.