Chapter 5

THE ANOMALY THE THERAPIST was trying to detect was proving abortive. Mrs Ololade,who has never used her husband's surname as her means of identification at her work place tried to think of all the reasons that would cause Dera's abrupt fainting. But could not come up with anything.

"What could have gone wrong? She was already getting better, how did this happen?" Dera's mum, who was pacing in her fully air conditioned daughter's room and sweating,inquired. The green light was also turned on so they would see,and our dear Dera was lying unconscious on her bed, having no care in the world.

Mrs Ololade turned to answer her, them, Dera's father was also there,their daughter had been unconscious for twenty four hours and she was not waking up.

"You said she was fine before she fainted right? did she have a panic attack before she fainted?" Mrs Ololade asked knitting her brow in confusion, because apparently,her patient although used to get panic attack before, does not get it recently, she had become strong minded and was even attending a school now, which was not possible before.

Mrs Williams,Dera's mum was looking guilty as her husband was hugging her in his arms and rubbing her arm, she felt she was the root cause of everything. "yes, she was, and she didn't get a panic attack,her fainting was abrupt, it came suddenly and I don't know what would have caused it, because even when her brother was posing as a problem to her, she was not doing anything about it, she even looked amused, that was why I even brought up that matter,i didn't know it would affect her that she would faint."

"It's not your fault, baby." of course that was David, her husband. To outsiders and the employees of this particular 'tyrannical' boss and 'rich' man of Lagos, Nigeria,his previously shown affection would throw them off. He is the CEO of The Williams pharmaceutical, Lade's hotel and Katherine fuels.

He is rich, hella rich,so there would be stereotypes about him and his family,especially the scandal that almost threw him off his shoes, the scandal from nine years ago.

The scandal which caused the misfortune of his first born and daughter.

Pursing his lips and frowning,he descended his frightening gaze on the doctor that was still knitting her brows and jotting down Whatnots.

When Katherine, Dera's mum, saw that the therapist's face changed when she looked up to her husband ,she glanced up to look at her husband and saw his expression, she pinched him on his arm subtly and whispered, "be nice."

David glanced at his wife with the expression of, 'what did I do now?' and looked up at the still nervous doctor and softened his expression a bit making the woman visibly relaxing.

"You have no diagnosis for this matter? The newly produced drugs in my company has a special remedy for depression,although I'm not sure it's depression,but what else could have caused this? Maybe her using the antidepressant drug would rid her off this agony?"

Angrily, Katherine removed her self from her husband and stomped her feet, "How could you say such a thing? How could you? And firstly,my baby is not depressed,so she does not need any antidepressants to cure depression and secondly,getting addicted such a medicine is suicidal, is it because you know nothing about medicine and you inherited the company from your dad,that you are negligible about what drug suits what condition?" Still angry, she swatted her protesting husband's hands that were trying to hold her away and went to stand beside the doctor and fuming angrily.

Mrs Ololade saw that the atmosphere was not that harmonious and wanted to act as a peacemaker, "desperate conditions calls for desperate measures Mrs-ehm, Katherine, your husband merely said that because he was concerned about your child, he might even be correct, because from the observations I have made, your child might be suffering from acute depression and is covering it up with pseudo happiness, so as to get rid of the depression." she paused to gauge the reactions of the parents and subconsciously pat herself on the back because she had corrected herself before she would completely say the title the mother hates being called, "I am Katherine not Mrs Williams" she would say. Seeing she was going off topic in her mind, she shook her head a bit, which elicited an annoyed reaction from the stoic looking man and quickly glanced up to look at the couple's faces, and seeing that they were both listening attentively,she pursed her lips and continued.

"Dera is subconsciously submitting to her falseness because they are getting overwhelming, and without her telling anybody what was wrong with her,she will slip into the darkness and it will become harder a job to pull her out,because she would be unconscious and will not be able to help herself." Seeing that tears were already streaming out of the other woman's eyes, she stopped talking about the matter and faced the only man of the four party,counting the unconscious specimen, and queried him on his suggestion, she summoned the courage to reprimand the handsome looking tyrant. "m,Mr Williams, you should never try and f,feed your child those a,antidepressants, they will not only cause damage, b,but your daughter will also be addicted to it and that would p,pose as a big problem to her." stuttering, she finished the admonition and quickly went back to jotting what a views in her note.

But it seemed the man did not hear none of the things she had painstakingly narrated,because he narrowed his brows infinitesimally and what he said next described the patient's predicament and gives an 'apt' solution to it. "If I would understand from what you said, my Dera is depressed and if care is not taken, she would forever remain depressed, then why not feed her the drugs that would cure her off the,the.. trouble? If that's a more suitable word to use?"

And of course that mere statement unleashed the restrained 'bansheeness' in the mother of the point of topic,as she cleaned her tear streaked face and walked to her previous position and screamed four words. "WHAT THE HELL DAVID?." She wanted to scream some more,but a sound of someone coughing and a groggy voice halted her,the wincing doctor and the flinching tyrant,who would always submit to his wife.

"Mum, I need some water." it was Dera, she had woken up and her voice was very weak and light.

A/n: coming up with this chapter was a bit hard. But, anyways it still came out.

Please, I would love to know what you think 'bout this chapter I painstakingly typed and edited, which was enough work to last a lifetime.

Although I'm not complaining.

Xoxo. Bye