Chapter 7

MOUNTAIN HEIGHTS SCHOOL is the school for the rich and exceptionally brilliant kids who may either be less privileged or wealthy, the less privileged are allowed in because of the annual scholarship competition for both the junior and senior secondary school, especially the junior secondary school 3 and senior secondary school 3.

So, because of this fact, it would not be surprising to see students in classes and groups, the rich move with the rich, and the few poor people, who can only be two in an academic school year, move alone, in seclusion and solitary. Because to them, it was a good luck that brought them that far..

It was a rare opportunity they have received.

So, it was really surprising for most of the student when they saw the school Belle sticking up with the expressionless scholarship student, even Dera's brother who had arrived together with his very cold sister that morning was surprised to see the movie that played before his eyes that he could not help but ask the armoured person who was adjusting her sunglasses and trying to wear her nose mask.

"Sis, what as befell our school?"

"Ask the school." it took time before she replied because she was adjusting her hoodie too, and expressionlessly she surveyed what was going on before her and could not help but sneer and she looked up to the gigantic building before her and back at the playground where assemblies are held and looked back at her brother who has been studying her all along, but could not read anything, probably because of the eyes protection she was putting on.

"What are you thinking about?" Lanre could not help but ask, his sister has always been secretive and unreadable.

"Nothing, chicken, I'm off to class, assembly starts soon." she said that and went inside the school the building, not after scrutinizing the weirdest occurrence of history and smirking a bit, because the students did not have the time for her right now, so she was a bit free.

But for the weirdest occurrence of history, Ifedayo was already feeling..... nothing, he could feel nothing, because, but he was starting to get annoyed, annoyed because the overly eccentric lady that reeks of different types of deodorant beside him, was keeping him from doing sensible things like reading the collection of poems his online friend has sent him, checking out his new school and sleeping, at least.

But this particular woman, had been following him around for no genuine reason in particular, since he had entered through the school gates and had gone to the principal's office, the glamorous looking girl has been probing for information and he has been receiving different kind of stares since then.

Stares he was not willing to interpret, yet.

But he would admit that the staring from beside him was getting preposterous.

Absurd.

Her stares and her probing was making him filled with annoyance, if how to feel it was when you feel like frowning, at least from his past experiences, he would know that. Past experiences he could not remember.

And she was asking tons of questions like,

"How did you manage to pass the competition so well? They said you used to go to BHS, how was it like? How do you find this school? Do you have a girlfriend? You are poor right? How is life being poor?"

And assertions like,

"My name is Gina, what is yours? Oh I know, Ifedayo, right? I am the most pretty in this school, so you should feel honored that I am taking my time and neglecting my friends to converse with you, and I wouldn't dare talk to a poor person like you, but you are an exception because of your good looks and you are quite smart, have I told you my name? I've not? Oh, it's Georgina, Gina for short, I am the daughter of the principal, meaning, the principal is my mother, interesting right? right?" Maybe because Gina did not hear the ball of ice? No fire, talk, she looked up at his extremely handsome face that could compete with Romeo in best friends in the world and win, and asked a question.

"Why are you not saying anything?"

"Show some propriety, and stop following me about like a leech, can't you see that people are looking at you?" He said his piece and left, it was almost time for assembly anyway, so he went to sit on the the bench that was amongst the garden that he had been eyeing.

The abandoned school belle, Gina, watched as the expressionless boy walked straight to the garden which was beside the playground and touched her nose because of the look the people nearby were giving her, she cleared her throat in embarrassment and glared at the few people that dared to snicker. She made to leave too, but as she was about to, the bell was rang for assembly.