-×-The Clowns Here Kill Pt.2-×-

They started pointing at Nikita and I knew it was her number they landed on.

I shut my eyes and lean my head on the pole behind me. I refuse to see one of my friends die. I wait and wait for screams to fill the air but they don't. Instead, an engine roaring. I open my eyes to see Mortimer on a motorcycle.

This man pulls up with a gun in his hand. Where was that when the clowns invaded in the first place?

Mortimer shoots some of the clowns before riding his motorcycle into the nearest building. The clowns recovered quickly from their shock and many of them started going towards the building.

He walks out and throws his helmet at one of the clowns, followed by a couple of gunshots. At this point, we're still tied up and spinning but we no longer have the clowns focused on us.

The sounds of us screaming Mortimer on combined with the sounds of gunshots filled the air as we watched the clowns run away.

Mortimer and Calliope stop the ride and unties us all, and I can finally stop spinning.

"I have never been so terrified. Holy shit." I breathe out in a sigh as I go up and hug Safiya and Ro, who are my best friends. Before all of this, me, Matt, Ro and Safiya would hang out all the time and I consider them all to be my best friends.

"I'm so glad we're okay!" Ro says, hugging me back.

We start running toward the arcade and I can't help notice Ro picking up the two dice on the ground, the ones the clowns used. I just hope they're useful for something and not just for decoration.

Rushing into the arcade, we immediately boarded up the door.

"We're all good right?" Whispers of yes, we're alright, and we're good filled the room.

To get rid of these clowns, we have to cleanse the artifact, which happens to be the jack in the box. In total, we don't have much but we have a key, a journal, and the dice, the only question was, what does what.

In the journal, there was a map of the room that we're stuck in, and in the back, behind a corkboard, there's a locked case.

I immediately picked up the key and walked over to the safe.

"Please open up to something good." I plead, pushing the key in the lock and turning it. It opened up to reveal two empty squares. We put the dice in and it reveals a hidden room.

It's spacious, well decorated, and smells nice. Overall, it's a pretty good room, and the clowns don't know we have it, and I just hope they never find out.

"This is nice." Someone says to my right and I agree fully. I immediately go onto the couch, leaning into the soft pillows.

In the back of the room, someone spots a map of the town and in the corner, we spot a note.

"The cleansing of each artifact will reveal more." Matt read out loud. So every time we cleanse an artifact like the box, more of the map will appear, hopefully leading us to more clues. Right next to the clue was the symbol that was on Joey's bag earlier tonight.

"Hey Joey? Does this symbol mean anything to you?" I say, pointing it out to the group. He nods and we help him take the map off the wall. On the back of it there's a full essay about what the hell is happening in this town.

We lay the map onto the coffee table and Nikita starts reading it to the group.

"We were too late. Even with all our Society's knowledge, we didn't understand the Carnival Master's dark plan. To save Everlock, we froze it in time to give us a chance to stop him. But we were no match for his wrath. Realizing all was lost, I used the rest of my life magic to encase him in an amber prison. But the spell has reached its end. At sunrise the Carnival Master will be released from his prison and consume all life from Everlock. There are eight corrupted artifacts which the Carnival Master gets power from."