You're Ghost?

Authors: Whynnter and Lexy

Prompt: You meet the infamous Hangman at The Hard Deck the night before you begin training.

—————————————————————

It had only been 48 hours since I had gotten the call. The call asking if I would come back to Top Gun, for the first time in years. There hadn't been much detail, but I had to make a decision right then and there, so of course the answer was an easy yes.

I told my friend Phoenix that I would meet her at The Hard Deck the night before training began. I hadn't seen her in a few months, and I was happy to be able to catch up with her.

"Can I get you anything?" the bartender asked.

I nodded at them, "A rum and coke, please."

The bartender walked off and began mixing my drink. I looked up at the clock hung up behind the bar and read the time.

8:53pm.

I glanced around the bar and noticed a few familiar faces, as well as some I hadn't seen before. I took a few sips of my drink and placed it down on the napkin as I looked over the people around me.

My people watching was interrupted when a tall, blonde man appeared at my side, an adorable smile written on his face as he waited on the bartender.

"Hi," he said, smiling down at me.

I smiled back, "Hey."

He was hot, and familiar. It wasn't until he turned and his body was facing mine that I noticed his name tag.

Hangman.

Yes, I did know this man, but only by reputation.

"And who might you be, sweetheart?"

I was insulted that he didn't know who I was for a moment, but then I remembered I wasn't dressed in my khakis. I had decided to sport a tiny black sundress instead, wanting to be casual for one last day before having to wear Navy mandated attire for the duration of my stay.

"I'm Jake, but you can call me by my call sign, Hangman," he added, not bothering to wait for my name.

At that moment I realized he didn't think I was another pilot, he thought I was a civilian. I took this as my opportunity to have a little fun.

"I'm Y/N," I said, extending my hand to him, "What is a call sign?"

Phoenix was going to die when I told her about this.

Without an invitation, he slid into the barstool beside me, "It's a nickname we are given in the Navy. I'm a pilot."

I had to play dumb. "You're a pilot? That's hot."

His face lit up and I tried real hard to keep my composure.

"Is it now? Glad you think so. If I'm being honest, I think you're really hot."

I didn't have to fake a smile. He was awfully predictable, but unbearably charming.

"So, are you from around here?"

I shook my head, "No I'm not. Just visiting for a few weeks."

"Where are you staying?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just...around."

His arm slid slyly around my shoulder and he leaned in, "If you need a place to stay, I might be able to arrange something."

I leaned in toward him, my lips hovering just over his, "Thanks, but I have a place to stay. Besides, I've heard all about airmen like you and how you find a new girl to take home every night."

He pulled away laughing, "Damn, you hurt me Y/N. I promise you, that is not true. I'm a gentleman."

"Isn't that what they all say?"

His eyes moved across my face and I felt my cheeks grow warm.

"How about you take a walk with me and I'll show you how much of a gentleman I am?"

I thought about his offer for a brief moment before accepting. I nodded at him and he held his hand out to me, helping me off the stool. He led me through the bar towards the back door.

The beach was quiet as we made our way down to the water. There was a lifeguard stand close to the water and Jake pulled me toward it, hiding us from any prying eyes. I followed him up the wooden ramp and turned around to look at the water. Jake took a step towards me and placed his hands on my hips to spin me around so I could face him. He forced me back against the railing as his hand moved up to my cheek, his thumb rubbing gently over my bottom lip.

"So, are you going to kiss me?" I whispered against his lips.

My hands wrapped around his neck as he eagerly pressed his lips to mine. Our lips moved together as he pressed his body to mine, his hands beginning to explore my body. He placed his hand on my left leg and slowly began moving up to the hem of my dress. My hand moved off his shoulder and lazily down his toned chest. I slowly moved my fingers down his stomach, feeling the outline of his abs. Jake let out a soft moan as I played with the buckle of his belt.

It was then that my phone began to ring, loudly. Jake sighed and pulled away as I pulled the phone out of my dress pocket.

My eyes scanned the text message from a friend that I haven't seen in a long time. I looked up at Jake, not sure how to break the news to him.

"Hangman, I'm sorry but I have to go," I told him, shoving my phone back into my pocket. "You are going to have to hang on a bit longer."

Jake sighed and took a step away from me. Instead of pleading like I thought he would, he held his hand out. I placed my hand in his and he led me towards the bar.

There was nobody in the parking lot but the noise from inside the bar drifted outside. We came to a stop, just outside the bar. His hand moved away from mine and a gasp escaped me as he spun me around and pinned me aagainst the outside of the bar. I laughed as he pressed his lips back to mine.

"One more kiss," he whispered.

My fingers tangled in his hair as I pulled him in closer to me. I hated to admit it but I was enjoying this more than I thought I would.

The door to the bar opened, and someone new had joined us.

"Wow, you work fast."

I turned to see my friend Phoenix, her arms crossed as she smiled at me and my new friend.

Jake looked at her and shook his head, "It's nice to see you Phoenix, but now is not a good time."

She shook her head, "I'm not talking to you, bagman. I'm talking to Ghost."

"Ghost?" Jake asked, looking around confused.

"She is talking to me, I'm Ghost."

Jake looked down at me, then back at Phoenix, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Wait, you're Ghost? Ghost the pilot that also has two air to air kills?" he asked.

I smiled, "That's me."

Phoenix was hysterical now, practically rolling on the floor with laughter, "You didn't know?" she asked.

Jake brought his hand to his face and rubbed his eyes, "I-I, i'm sorry. You didn't say you were a pilot?"

I shook my head, "You didn't ask."

Phoenix finally pulled herself together, "Alright, you guys finish up whatever this is so I can hang out with my friend. Ghost, I'll see you inside."

I waved at Phoenix before turning back to Jake, "What do you say, should we finish this up later?" I asked, placing my hands on his chest.

Jake smiled and leaned into me once again. "I am so sorry. I really didn't know, and I shouldn't have assumed."

"It's really okay, don't worry about it. It was much more fun this way." I pressed my lips to his one last time, "So, later?"

"Definitely later," Jake answered, giving my hand a squeeze.