3. The Case of the Missing Lifeguard

6:21 am
"Shit!" You jump as lightening struck the sky. You open the blinds in your room, looking outside.
You slid on your sweater before heading downstairs to get a cup of coffee.
You grab the cup of coffee, sipping it while looking around the house for Nancy.
"Nance?" You yell as you saw her walking towards the front door.
"I gotta go to work, I'm late." She sighed.
"Oh." You smile. "Okay."

The phone started buzzing as you sat down in the kitchen. You groaned as you walked over, answering the phone.
"Hello?" You said in a quiet tone.
"Hey." Steve greeted.
"Oh, hey." You took a sip. "Do you need something?"
"Yeah, bring your dad's tool box when you come to work today."
"What?" You question as he hung up the phone.

You threw your coffee cup in the sink as you raced upstairs and changed into uniform.
You grab Dad's tool box before heading to work.

You walk into Scoops 'Ahoy to see Erica and her friends ringing the bell as Robin listened to the Russian code.
"Oh." You groan as you place the tool box on the counter.
"Excuse me?" Erica yelled at Robin.
"Hey, hi!" You smile, sliding the hat on your head.
"I'd like to try the peanut butter chocolate swirl, please." Erica smiled annoyingly.
"Mmm, no." You smile. "No more samples today."

You look next to Erica's hand, a butt-load of sample sticks by it.
"Why not?" Erica argued.
"Because you're abusing our company policy." You held up the 'Ahoy company policies book.
"Where's the sailer man?" Erica asked.
"Sorry, he can't help you at the moment. He's busy." You shrug.

"Busy with what?" She asked.
"I don't know? I just got on the shift." You fidget with the register.
"Spy craft." Robin took off her headphones, smirking.
"What?" You turn around. "Oh."

You sat in front of the cashier, waiting for customers to come and order. You overheard Robin reading to herself in the back room.
"The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west." Robins voice mumbled. "A trip to China sounds nice if you tread lightly."

"Hey Robin?" You open the window. "Hello?"
You look in the back room to see it empty, the back door open to a hallway.
"Yes, you did." You heard Dustin say as Robin ran out of the shop.
"No, I did not." Steve denied.
"What— Robin! Hey!" You yell.

You stood in the store as Steve and Dustin chase after Robin.
You groan as you sat down.

"Hey, pass me that." You tapped Steve as he picked up a raincoat.
"Okay." He gave it to you.
You weren't too sure about this plan, spying on Russians, but Robin said it's the only way.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes." Robin yelled through the storm.
"I'm gonna get so sick after this storm." You gag as the water fell on your head. You turn to your left to see Steve's hair soaking wet, you turn to your right, Dustin spying with binoculars.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Dustin said.
"What do you thinks in there?" Steve asked.
"I don't know, guns? Bombs?" You guess.
"Chemical weapons Robin asked.
"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." Dustin sighed.
"We need guns." You mumble.
"Hey, whoa, I'm not sure if I could trust you, wielding a gun." Steve scoffed.
"Fine." You sigh.

"Hey, what's in there?" Robin asked as a huge door opened, revealing a storage room.
"Maybe where they put the boxes." You cough out rain water.
"Let me check it out." Steve reached his hand to grab the binoculars, accidentally smacking your face.
"Steve! Dude!" You groan.
"Sorry, sorry." He said as he grabbed the binoculars.

"No, I'm still looking." Dustin argued as you backed away, not wanting to be smacked again.
"Lemme see it." Steve pulled the binoculars.
Suddenly, their small fight made a loud thud, notifying the guys with guns that someone's here.

"Duck!" Dustin gasped.
"Holy shit." You sigh as you bent down, facing towards the wall. You lied on your belly, feeling the wet floor soak through your shirt.
"Awww, love birds." You coo, looking at Steve and Robins hand, clasping onto each other.
"Shut up." Steve's face blushed as he removed his hand from her.

"Move, move, move!" Steve yelled, running to the door.
"I'm coming! Jeez." You pull Robin's hand.
"Well, I think we found your Russians." Robin looked at Steve.
"Gross." You cough, looking at your wet socks and shoes.
You look behind as your shoes left a mark on the floor, water trailed behind you guys.