𝑾𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝑺𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔

Chapter Seventeen

Tati Gabrielle as Katya

Scarlett Johansson as Alexa

"𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑠.𝑆𝑜 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑟"

Severus stared at Athena

Severus stared at Athena. To most it would seem like he was staring off into space but his eyes were on her. She barely talked in his class anymore, except for the occasional small talk she would have with either Leanne or Neville. Athena would also keep her gaze down, still refusing to look at Severus. He understood though, there were many ways he could've handled their situation but he took the cowards way out.

He saw that Athena had gone back to her usual self after the Opal Necklace incident, but Severus couldn't deny that she also seemed a bit different. As he gazed at her, he remembered the conversation he had with Albus when term resumed two months ago. His heart twisted in his chest just thinking about it. And as they were entering the end of this term, he thought about how closer and closer things were slowly falling into place. But what troubles him more, aside from what Albus asked him to do, was Athena and how things are going to change.

They've already changed, you dunderheaded fool. He thought to himself.

A few rows down to Athena's left, Draco was sat at his desk writing away. He'd glance at the blond quite frequently, hoping deep down that she'd turn up and look at him. She wouldn't of course, Athena had sunken into herself during DADA so she didn't notice the two pairs of eyes staring at her.  But Severus noticed. For the last two months he'd noticed Draco's eyes on Athena, on his Athena. The man was still very much in love with her so he didn't like Draco staring at her longingly.

"Class dismissed. We will finish this assignment next class" he announced rather abruptly.

In truth, he dismissed class because he couldn't stand Draco's lingering eyes on Athena. It irked him to the very core. He pretended to look at an assignment that needed grading but his eyes remained on Athena as she packed up her belongings. Despite the visible bags under her eyes, she still looked like a goddess and he cursed himself for the way things ended between them. He indeed lost a good thing but was it possible to get them back?

"Miss Westenra, can I have a word?"

Athena sighs but she obliged and remains  where she stood. Severus flicked his wand making the door to shut closed. She eyed him as Severus got up to his feet and walked around his desk. They stand in silence for a bit before he breaks it.