the traveling

After the the 2 days supplies appeared and we started on our way. 100 miles south. I followed newt and we walked hand in hand.

The walking was horrid and many, many people were lost due to storms, lighting, weakness for fatigue, and other. occasionally Minho would come up to us and he would take my other hand. newt didn't growl because we decided that Minho would be my un-biological brother.

I loved them both very much and told them constantly. the traveling consisted of much time and worry. Thomas and Teresa became a couple and newtlar stuck together stronger than ever. but thomaesa weren't even relatively close to how cute and lovey~dovey me and newt were. There was so much walking and we only stopped occasionally to rest and sleep. of-course I slept with newt. my head on his chest and his arm around me, and in those moments I felt safe. but that quickly vanished when I woke up to the horrid sandy path of nothing-ness. I always walked with newt and sometimes Minho ,Thomas and alby came up and walked with us. that company usually didn't last long on the account of Thomesa, and the others feeling like a third wheel.

The time passed very boringly and occasionally small talk and a few jokes would form but nothing special. I usually just hugged newts arm and walked, and walked... and walked.

The next day's brought a few more poor people dropping from heat, witch was on the high side but most of the time bearable, tiredness or malnutrition. we had to ration all of the food and water and we got a lot of water when the Lightning came to kill more innocent kids. we made it ok... to a stick. A STICK. the stick read 'safe haven' but that was it. they sent us a stick for salvation, for a cure.

I squeezed newts arm and buried my head in his chest and my emotions took over. "were all gonna diee!" I sobbed hopelessly into newts shirt. he hugged me and picked me up bridle style and let me sob. "no were not, sky, well get trough this. We will get through this, trust me" he spoke calm and clear and very soothing. "I trust you" I said sniffling and newt wiping away my tears. he gave me a comforting smile. and pecked my cheek before letting my head fall back into his chest.

We waited a while trying to think of a plan. then we heard faint noises. some screaming some seemed to be growling or barking. over a sand dune jumped 2 people and about 12 big dog-wolf creatures. the people screemed as they crashed to the ground and rolled down the dune. Minho took out the dog that had been nipping at their heels with a spear. other gladers fought the pack while me and newt rushed to the people's sides. they coughed and breath heavily as if they had been running for a long time. "what's going on, where did you come from, what are those mutations". Newt fired questions at them and once they recovered they told us. "we are from the scorch" the guy said. then the girl started "that's were they keep a ton of cranks(infected people). were cranks to but in the early stages. we still have our minds incontrol. those things charged the city and we hid the best we could and when they found us we ran for our lives. we had more friends but..." she spoke softly now and took her gaze to the ground "they were slower" she finished. I knew what that meant. that also meant the mutations would kill and eat people. "I'm Jorge" the guy said. he was about 30-ish and had dark short messy weird hair. he was Hispanic and his accent showed it. "and I'm Brenda" the girl said. she was fair, thin and had long brown hair. I have to admit she was pretty and our age, but I didn't have jealousy for her, for I knew newt would never be interested in her. "I'm newt" newt said bringing out his accent dramatically. "and this is my love, sky" he said putting his arm around my waist and made it as possible as ever that I was his. 'he wouldn't think Jorge...' I shuddered at the thought, ulck. absolutely ulck. We were all standing now and They both nodded in under standing. we looked over to see Minho standing in a pile of mutts one foot rises on the last defeated one, as to signal his victory. he stood breathing hard but when he noticed us looking at him he flashed a white flawless smile and jogged over, still smiling.
"And who do I have the pleasure of meeting" he said in a sophisticated tone that is never hear him use before. he looked directly at Brenda.
"This is Brenda and Jorge" newt said "and this is my step-brother, minho" I told them. Minho put out his hand to shake with Brenda and they held on a little longer than normal.