chapter 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

ˢᵖᵒʳᵃᵈⁱᶜ

✧˚.🎀༘⋆

[ the valley party ]

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤. You rolled your eyes in the car, sighing deeply as the couple in the front seat quarreled as usual. "Murray!" Dionne huffed in annoyance.

"Just look at the top of the map. Sun Valley is North."

"No. All I see is Bel Air."

"Then you're on the wrong map."

"I'm not!"

"Alright, look, look at the number on the top. What does the number of the top-."

"There are no numbers on the top. There's letters."

"UUUGGGHHH!"

"Murray, shut up."

"Do you think it's gonna frizz out?" Cher asked you, and you shook your head. 

"No. You even added spray. Your hair will be fine," you reassured, and she took a breath to calm herself. "Now, how do I look?" You were wearing a blue set, a combining of a lacy dress and a suede coat with faux fur lining. You had light blue GoGo boots on, as well as some pearl and gold jewelry. 

"Stunning

"Stunning. You're gonna blow Dean's mind!"

"Woah, woah, woah, hold up," you intervened, holding your hand up. "I am not trying to impress Dean."

Cher scoffed a laugh. "Yeah, okay. Understatement of the century!"

"It's so not! I hate your brother, Cher. How many times am I gonna have to say it?"

"However many times it takes you to correct that 'hate' and replace it with 'love'."

She smirked victoriously, and you sighed, dropping back into your seat. "It's like arguing with a brick wall."

"Hey! You know brick washes me out."

"Anyway. Listen, Tai, when we get there, make sure Elton sees you, but don't say 'Hi' first. Look like you're having fun and you're really popular." You opened the door, continuing to speak, "Talk to someone in his eyeline. Preferably a guy. Make him come to you. AND. Find an excuse to leave while he's still into the conversation. Always have him wanting more. You got it?"