The Beginning

My days turned into weeks, and I was still the same, left to pick up the pieces of my shattered life. I was not a person who was well known for my resilience in the long run.
That's why my Oppas always taunts me over it. But in between the two of them, he loves me the most. He took care of me the most. He's the father figure in my life. He's the only one to whom I can bargain or sacrifice my soul. He's the reason I'm still not insane. But I couldn't help but smile when people repeatedly complained about their hardships. Maybe they have their fair share of hardships, but I'm only pitying about me.

After enduring three years of heartbreak and nearly two years in a toxic relationship, I finally realized how dysfunctional my life had become due to my longing. However, the memories still haunt me like an ever-present wound that refuses to heal completely.

I distinctly remember that evening when he came to me to break up, even though I had already sensed it after a month of agonizing silence and waiting. It was never love for him; I was just a pawn in his game to expand his empire. It still baffles me how he could commit to a girl for almost two years who held no value for him. He couldn't hide his guilt, but there was no point in crying over spilled milk when I could see right through his intentions.

Is that your way of telling me you want to end our relationship? I grinned because I had either forgotten to cry or they had long since dried up in my feelings. 
"So, is this your way of telling me you want to end our relationship?"

"Do you realize this won't ever last, and it's not an overnight change in heart? I was not going to give you what you desired. I've failed you for the past two years, and you just won't let me leave without leaving a significant scar for me to not heal from. Right, you came here to tell me that you no longer love me after you've moved on from me. geuge daeyo? (Is that it?)" Without uttering a word, he packed up and left, leaving behind a broken soul in an empty house.

Since Y/N's life has never been fair to her, she became a cold-blooded murderer. Even though her internal suffering is awful, it also gives her another cause to smile. She wants to make up for the loss in any way possible to prevent her from being too cruel. 

She found Sara; her daughter was so found. She was the first to spot her in a neighboring orphanage trash can. Y/N wanted the person who tossed that doe-eyed princess here to hack off their head. She was on a mission when she saved Sara and made the princess a part of her life. Because falling in love again seems unattainable, she wants someone to fill the void inside of her. Because she doesn't experience that feeling until she is 12 years old, she wants to shower the child with love and affection and treat her like a jewel. She never had the opportunity to experience motherly love as an orphan, but she wants to do so for this baby—her baby.

Fast forward to the present, and her life revolves around simple pleasures like grocery shopping on weekends and spending quality time at the park with her precious daughter. She never questions why she can't always be with her mother; she's too smart for that. But she can't help but feel inadequate as her mother, especially in one aspect—she can't give her enough time. Sara doesn't demand it, but every weekend, she turns into a little bundle of energy, craving her attention. She cherishes her requests, her adorable pouts, and her persistent requests for ice cream. She's her princess, and she's the center of her world. To her, Y/N is just her mom, but to everyone else, Y/N is a formidable figure—a beast.

Min Sara, my daughter.

"Eomma, I wanted that ice cream," she cutely pleaded.

"Sara, you've had enough already. Let's go; I'll cook some homemade meals soon. If you eat any more sweets, your tummy will start hurting." Sara put on her trademark pout, but this time, I didn't give in, knowing it was for her good. As I approached the grocery counter, I asked Sara to sit on a nearby bench since the bags were going to be really heavy.  She might go lost, so I lifted her and set her there.