06 | Happy This Way

"You can sit over there, I'll just check if Aunt Tina is at the back." He said, pointing at their wooden sofa.

"Hmm, thanks." I responded as I take my backpack off and sit down. 

He then left through a backdoor that is connected to their kitchen.

I looked around inside. Their house is definitely not as spacious and luxurious as ours, but it definitely feels a lot more like home than ours.

I noticed some picture frames hung up on the wall so I stood up and went closer. 

The first picture was a picture of a middle-aged man and a woman, and a cute chubby kid which I think is Angelo. 

How cute. 

The second picture was a picture of the same middle-aged man, but this time, he was only with Angelo. 

So he is a daddy's boy, huh? 

The third and last picture was a picture of a different middle-aged woman and Angelo. 

Is she the Aunt Tina that Angelo always talks about? 

"Why did you not tell me you'll have a friend coming over?!"

"I'm sorry, Auntie. But don't worry, he's not going to stay for a long time since it's getting late-"

"Oy, Elo! Don't just shoo your friend away!"

The back door opened and Angelo entered with whom seemed like the middle-aged woman in the third picture, Aunt Tina. 

"Ah, good afternoon Aunt Tina. I'm Henry, nice meeting you." I went and kissed her right hand. 

"What a nice kid!" She responded in bliss. "Hello Henry, nice meeting you too!" She shook my hands. 

She then hurried her way into the kitchen. "You two sit down over there and I'll make a quick afternoon snack!"

"A-Ah, no need Aunt Tina, I should get going now-"

"No, come and stay a bit longer. I'll just call a trusted tricycle driver to bring you home." She shouted across the room. 

Angelo looked at me and sat down beside me. "Sorry, she's just like that. She feeds everyone that she likes." 

"No worries, I'm even glad she likes me." I smiled. 

"Oh I almost forgot," He stood up. "I'll just change my clothes for a minute."

"Sure, sure. Take your time." I responded. 

Angelo turned their television on before he left. 

As the shade of orange cover the skies, a sweet smell also covered the whole house as Aunt Tina announce that she's almost done. 

Angelo comes running downstairs. "Auntie, is that banana cue?!'

"It sure is banana cue, Elo!" Aunt Tina answered as she bring a whole plate of skewered caramelized bananas.