15.1 | Bittersweet Memories

"Good morning, Henry," Mom kissed me on my cheeks.

"Good morning, mom," I smiled lightly.

"I've been hearing the vacuum cleaner since 5 in the morning, are you that conscious?" She laughs.

I chuckled. "I just want him to arrive at a clean home, I guess."

We heard someone knocking on the door.

"I'll open it-"

"I'll do it, Mom," I said.

She smiled and nodded. I ran towards the door in excitement and quickly opened it.

"It's you?" I made a face.

"O-Oy, don't sound too disappointed! I'm your friend, too!" Jake yelled as he threw his bag at me.

"I thought it was Elo already," I carried his bag and led the way inside. "Why would you even come here this early?"

"Dumbass!" He hit my shoulders. "I'm Angelo's friend too, you know. I also want to spend time with him."

I smiled.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?" I asked him as I put his bag on the couch.

"Yep," He confidently answered.

"What did you eat?"

"Marlboro Gold- Ouch! Why would you do that?!"

"Is that a proper breakfast? Do you even eat that? Come," I stood up and headed to the kitchen. "Eat with us."

"Nah, I'm full-"

"Yeah, full of yourself."

"You little bastar-"

"Oh Jake, you're here! Come and eat with us! Do you like fried rice? Is bacon okay? Or do you want some stir-fried veggies?" Mom bombarded him with questions as we sat down at the table.

After eating breakfast, we just sat down on the couch and watched the television while waiting for Elo. Actually, we're not watching. We just turned it on to have some background noises and help us combat the awkwardness in the house.

"You heard something?"

"I swear if you're trying to make a fool out of me again, I'll punch you in the guts." I retorted.

"No, I think someone arrived," He stood up and went toward the door.

"Whatever-"

As soon as a single knock was heard, Jake sprinted his way to the door.

"I'll open the door!" I quickly stood up and ran toward the door.

"No, I will!" Jake held the doorknob and twisted it.

The door opened wide and there he was. 

"G-Good morning," Elo stuttered.

"Good morning!" Jake smiled at him and took his bags. "I'll take these inside," He ran away with those.