07 | Maybe They Were Right

"Thank you for the ride home, Roberto!" I said as I hop off of the tricycle.
"You're welcome, Henny!"

Looks like I really have a nickname now.

"Do you wanna come inside a bit, maybe drink some juice?" I offered.
"No, no, it's okay," He smiled and started his engine. "My family's also waiting for me already."
I smiled and raised my right hand. "Alright then, goodbye! Get home safely!"

He nodded in response and went on his way back home.

I looked at the plastic bag that I was carrying.

I can't wait to eat all of these in my room!

As I was about to enter our gate, I felt somebody's presence behind my back. I sighed.

"What's up?" I looked behind me and saw the two men that robbed Angelo before.

Damn, can't they just move on?

"Looks like the damned brat is way, way richer than that sickly-looking guy that he saved before..." The tall man smirked at me while inspecting our house.
"Bigger houses, bigger rooms, bigger loots. That's just how it is, right, kid?" The shorter guy looked up at the 3rd floor, where my mom and dad's room is.

"What do you want?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Look at this kid acting tough and unbothered," They both laughed at me. "What a great actor!"

Man, I just want to eat my banana cues in peace tonight.

I pulled my wallet out of my pocket and tossed it to their direction. "There, leave."

They looked at me and laughed even louder.

What the hell is these guys on about?

"Do you think we want your money?" The shorter guy asked while pulling out a knife from his pocket.
"You play the role of a hero, don't you? So what do you think about fighting villains this time?" The tall guy grabbed an icepick from his back.

If I go inside our house, they might just trespass and hurt mom and dad if ever they're home. I'll just make an invitation for them to enter our house if I do that.

"Oh, and what are those in that plastic bag? Snacks? A brat like you appreciating snacks like that? That's so not you!" The shorter guy laughed as he pointed at the plastic bag that I'm carrying. 

"It's none of your business." I glared at him.
"Oh, scary! How scary!" He even act scared as he says those words.

"Let's settle this somewhere else if you really want to." I firmly said.

"What if we don't want to go anywhere else?" The tall guy said while playing with the icepick on his hands.

Should I just go inside real quick and call the police? That's what normal people do during these times, right?

"What, don't tell me you're chickening out?" He laughed at me as he walks closer.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and looked at him in his eyes. "Yes. I don't want to get into fights anymore."

They looked at each other with their mouths slightly opened. A few moments later, they laughed as if what I just said was the funniest thing they've heard their entire lives.

"What the fuck?" The tall guy managed to say that while he was laughing. "So what they said wasn't true, after all? That you're a brat who loves to get into troubles? Damn, I wasted my time on you then!"
"I was. Not anymore, though."