Chapter 84

“CEO Kim, you need to come right now. There's a problem.”

Seokjin stared at the person at his office door who wasn't his secretary but the team leader of PR team. He heard of her sometimes from Yoon Min. But what did she say?

“What problem?” He asked, standing up.

“It's...can you please hurry? They're fighting.” Go-eun insisted with a whimper.

He wasted no time and followed her to the employee's section. Once he reached there, he saw every staff and employees gathered around some people who were fighting verbally with one another, ready to have a fistfight even. Their language was inappropriate to use among co-workers.

When Seokjin made himself known present, many of them stepped away to give him space. As he walked to the main spot, he had to yell in a respectful, strict manner.

“What is going on here?!”

The guy in the yellow shirt glanced at him and immediately his facial expression changed. He ran to him and grabbed hold of his arm, “CEO Kim, please help me. They won't believe me. I didn’t do anything!”

Now that none of them were quarreling, Seokjin took a good look around first. The ones fighting were this guy, Director Yeon and Jisoo's manager. The other two were on the same side and accusing him of something. The rest of the company were watching and gossiping.

Seokjin took his arm out of his hold first. “Can somebody explain to me first? Director Yeon? What's the matter?”

“CEO Kim, I'm so disappointed in you.” The director suddenly pointed his finger at him. “Your employee sexually harassed our actress!”

Upon being accused, the guy in yellow shirt denied strongly, “No! I absolutely did not!”

Blinking, Seokjin asked, a little confused, “He harassed...Jisoo?”

“No, not her. She's someone else, Hye In. She was in the bathroom, changing and that's when she saw this jerk watching her from the door!” The manager looked like he could spit fire.

The guy in yellow shirt denied, “I've no idea of anything. I was in the men's room. I didn’t even think of going there. It wasn’t me, believe me!”

“You liar! First you harass a woman, then you deny it?!” The manager took fiery steps towards him to launch a punch.

But Seokjin stood in front of him, blocking him from doing so. He looked at the director and said, “Director Yeon, let's calm down and check the CCTV first. Nothing wrong in checking, right?”

The director gave his permission after hearing him.

Turned out, the guy in yellow shirt actually stood in front of the women's bathroom and watched the actress. He was even taking out his phone to record her but that's when she saw him and screamed. It was all shown in the CCTV footage.

As much as it seemed like a small thing, it was actually a huge problem for his company. The actress's family wanted to take legal action against that employee which Seokjin didn’t of course want. That would ruin his company's name and its future. He instead wanted to just fire him and make sure no other place hired him for the time being. But it wasn’t enough for them.

“CEO Kim, you're trying to save that bastard, aren't you?” Director Yeon spat at him in anger. “That guy harassed our actress! We won't do nothing about it. Let the cops take him.”

Seokjin sighed and went his hand through his hair. “I understand but why bother involving the police here? He confessed and I fired him already. Is that really necessary?”

“Hear yourself! Have you any idea who Kang Hye In is? Her father's the chairman of TigerGarden Foundation. Her family won't let this go easily. You better listen to me.”

“I'm aware of that but--”

Director Yeon suddenly bursted in rage and shouted, “Enough, Kim Seok Jin. As the CEO of this company, you should be equally charged for failing to control your employee. It's basically your fault. How can you let this happen? How can you hire bastards like him?”

When he talked to him like that, Seokjin was silenced. Not that he felt like he was at fault; he stayed quiet because he had to save his business first. He didn’t understand why they were blaming him too. Does being the CEO automatically takes part in every crime happening in the company?

“Your hotel business is very well-known internationally and your employees are like this? I would say no person should come stay at your hotel. I just got reminded...something happened at your hotel a few years back too, right? A suicide or something like that...Things are connected, did you see that? Your business has faults and instability. I don't know how you managed to climb the ladder till this far.”

This man was going too far with his words. And he wasn’t feeling good about it.

Director Yeon roared the next moment, “I hereby break our partnership with your company. And I'll sue your hotel.”

That announcement made his eyes widen and face gone pale, “W-what? Are you serious?”

“Yes, I am. Your employee messes with our staff, think I'll be all jolly about that? No more continuing our contract! It's a good thing our shooting ends the day after tomorrow. We can wrap up and say goodbye to you.” He put on his sunglasses and turned around to leave the room.

Seokjin walked around his desk and sort of begged him, “Wait, Director Yeon! Please think about it again. We tried and gave our best for your filming crew. You cannot take your word back now...”

The director didn’t give a single damn about what he said and just left, stepping over his heart like grass.

Seokjin felt immense pain in his head, pain of weight and burden of a huge business that was about to be sued for no reason. He started to get nervous and restless with the thought of his business going down. A businessman needs only one fault to get shot in the chest and lose his properties. Once he loses it, he loses everything at once. There's nothing he can do to get back on his life.

What if that happened with him? What'll he do? How'll he provide for his wife?

The door of his office suddenly was opened and he looked up to see it was Jisoo. He thought she was here to add salt to his wounds so he avoided her caring stare and walked slowly like a dead man to his chair somehow.

He only heard her saying, “I'll talk with him. See if I can change his mind.”

She didn’t wait for his response and closed the door. That didn’t give any ounce of relief.