03 | Apart

Sometimes Xiao wished he wasn't who he was

Sometimes Xiao wished he wasn't who he was. Sometimes he wished that he was still the boy that everyone expected him to be. Someone who nobody noticed, someone who faded into the dark when the stage light went on. When in fact, he's now the opposite. He's now the boy that's on stage. He's now the boy who everyone looked at. 

It's not that he hated performing. He liked the thrill of being on the platform, but the results of that, the aftermath, was what he disliked.

Jean shook her head, "How could you forget the meet and greet today? We've already had to extend the time and now you're ten minutes late."

"Sorry Jean, I'll work harder next time."

As Xiao sat down at the furthest seat of the table, Venti was the first to notice his arrival.

"What made you so late today, hm? Were you hanging out with that girl you're obsessed with?" He grinned.

"Xiao's obsessed with someone?" Aether asked.

"I'm not obsessed with someone" He huffed, "I only asked Kazuha for her number because she's my lab partner. You know I can't go to school much."

"Right" Venti says, "But you were hanging out with her though? Ah, young love" He sighed.

"You're only a year older than me! And I'm a junior!" Xiao glared at him, "Next time we go on stage, I'll make sure to make the lights fall on you"

Their conversation soon came to a stop when a girl introduced herself to Xiao. She seemed suspiciously protected by her clothing, a cap that hovered below her eyes, and a mask that covered half of her face. She began digging through her bag and displayed three photos before him.

"Consider this a threat. If you don't want rumors going around, you should be more careful about who you hang out with."

Xiao turned to Venti with alarm as Venti looked back in discomfort. 

He furrowed his eyebrows, "You need to leave"

"Don't worry, I will. And you can keep these" she propped herself up, bag secure and safely kept on her waist, "If you don't want me to expose you, call me"

___

"What is this? These pictures" Jean scattered the photos onto the table. "This isn't what we need right now Xiao. With the incident that's just recently happened, these can ruin you."

It was a picture of him and you, together holding hands. As an idol, it is strictly prohibited on dating, and since Xiao was one of the most- if not the most popular idol in the world right now, this would make a very bad rep for him.