i. monster

THE HELLFIRE CLUB

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

STEVE DRONING ON AND ON about his sex life was something Reese did not want to hear so early in the morning. His eye twitched in annoyance having forced to listen to him talk.

"Then there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college."

"Do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sеx? I mean, I don't know.. " Steve complained.

"Does that make sense to you?" He pauses glancing at them. "Robin, Reese! are you guys even listening?"

"Uh, yes." Robin replies. Steve deadpans "What did I just say?"

"Something about sex with Linda." she answers. "Pretty sure he was talking about Heidi" he argues. "Yes, thank you. I'm talking about Heidi." Steve says exparadly.

"I really think its a bad idea Steve, stop trying to flirt with ladies every chance you get, they'll come around sooner or later." Reese states.

Steve opens his mouth only to be cut with Robin's complaints. "Cut me some slack, please."

"Well... " he trails off.

"Your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity. It is 7:00 in the morning, we have the stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse." She says as she dabs makeup on her face.

"You're worried about a pep rally? Do you expect us to believe that?"

"Yeah, So?"

"So we both know what this is about."

"Not buying that." Robin argues. Reese grins and lets out a small laugh. "This is about Vickie!" Her face tints into a light shade of pink. Quickly disagreeing with his statement. "Absolutely not!"

"Yes It is! and you know what else i think-" Steve continues. "I really don't care what you think... " He ignores what she says and finished his sentence. "You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her. You just gotta be yourself."

"You're literally quoting me to me. You do realize that." Robin says.

"Maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think about that? I listened. Look at me. Boom. Back in business." He replies with confidence. "By back in business you mean shamelessly flirting with any lady whose eyes meet yours?" Reese sasses.

Steve whacks his head murmuring somehing incoherent. "It's not the same thing. Okay?"

"You ask out a girl and she says no. Big deal. Nothing happens. Maybe your ego's a little bruised. But if Reese and I ask out the wrong people, then bam, we're both the town pariahs." She confessed.

"I'd buy that, except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl. " Steve argues.

"We just don't know that, do we?" She questions referring to her bandmate.

"She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes, 5 seconds. Reese, do you know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes, 5 seconds?"

Reese shrugs and slumps back onto the carseat as Steve exclaims. "People who like boobies!"

"Ew! Gross." Dragging out the 'w' in ew as they both answer. "Don't say boobies." She tells him.

Steve retaliates by mentioning the word again "Not a big deal, okay? I like boobies, You like boobies, everyone likes boobies."

"I dont like boobies." Reese states as if it was obvious. Robin huffs in reponse.

"Yeah, we know that, Ree." Steve replies with the shake of his head before going back onto the topic of Robin's major crush on Vickie. "Vickie likes boobies, definitely."

"It's boobies." Reese mumbles.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Reese flinches as the sound of someone hopping onto a table startles him.

Eddie Munson.

He's never really spoken to him but he seems okay. All Reese know and has heard about him is that the fact he's been held back for two years and plays D&D.

A lot of people thought of it as a satanist cult, but in reality, it's just a bunch of people who have great imagination playing a game based on fantasy or whatnot.

"But as long as you're into band or science..." His voice rings throughout the entire cafeteria.

Walking forward on top of the table as he sneer and glances at the cliques, he continues his monologue. "...or parties or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!"

The screaching of chair that scrapped the floor echoed as Jason stopd up. "You want something, freak?" Eddie then places his fingers on the top of his head to form devil horns as he sticks his toungue out, spluttering.

"It's forced conforming." He adds, hoping down from the table. "That's what's... killing the kids!" He yells and scares the teacher who was in front of Reese. Then does a little bow and grins at him as he passes by.

Reese gives him a lopsided smile back and walks away.

"That's the real monster."