43. Coronation

Rukmini's obsidian lotus eyes glimmered in bliss as a broad smile danced on her lips, slender and ring embossed fingers engaged in the tresses of a certain honey brown eyed woman the entire Saurashtra was looking forward to today. Satyabhama was busy after the handmaidens and looked after the arrangements along with Revati, pushing away Shikhandini and Kokila when they had offered to do so. Balarama and Vasudeva were rummaging the security system since they happened to lose their temper, remembering Shishupala's audacity which had hurt Drupada too, and they were aware of it. Fissures in relationships weren't appreciated at any costs, so the men of both of the households were very strict regarding it.

The Yadava princess, now Kanha's third queen, was as thrilled as everyone was. The second Dvarkeshwari, well she was as tranquil as an ocean this moment, the land of Raksh giving her mixed signals. Kanha's maya wasn't the most appreciated thing at the moment, premonitions wouldn't let them be in peace but nor would living in continuous uncertainty. Nevertheless, she dispersed the thoughts and joined Rukmini in helping with the to-be-queen's shringar.

"Jiji, you don't have to trouble yourself." Kamalnayani whined and frowned, swinging between guilt and awkwardness. "In the wedding too and today is no different. Handmaidens would have been just fine, why do you have to tire yourself because of me?"

"Because Dvarkeshwari and SaurashtraMaharani Kamalnayani should not be underestimated in the coronation itself. Nothing should fall short, now hush." Rukmini shook her head sagely as Jambavati accorded with her.

"Krishu, we are your elder sisters and you should listen to us. Now stop making us feel like strangers," the latter continued as Kamalnayani nodded obediently, putting a finger over her lips. Unfortunately, the PāndavaParivāra couldn't make it to the coronation at such short notice but an almost 2 foot epistle had conveyed their best wishes and apologies.

Kamalnayani surmised that apparently all was not well with Sindhu and Magadha at this moment, given that Saurashtra's reins were now in her hands. Duryodhana and his coterie were people to be avoided at all costs too. Raksh would leave no stone unturned to support Jarasandha and Kauravas even now, she had to make sure Chedi, Magadha and Pundra were cut off from the list of allies. The first alliances that could be expected in trades and development were Dvaraka, Panchala, Indraprastha which was ironclad enough now, and Ahichchhatra, though she wanted to burden none of them. Kosala and Kekeya were states she needed to build relations with and atone for the mistakes of her grandfather. She wouldn't let him be wasteful in terms of resources, it was solely because of him that Saurashtra couldn't be well supported by her Maa as well. Vidarbha was a state she was still dilemmatic about, and didn't wanted to even talk for it would pain her Rukku Jiji, which she couldn't ever in the wildest of her dreams.

"Earth to Hridayaa!" Kanha snapped his finger in front of her vision, pulling her out of her long lost train of reveries as she bit her tongue sheepishly at him and giggled. He offered his hand to her, much to Raksh's irritation as the keepers of the universe shared a loving look before stepping down the grand staircase strewn with flower petals exuding aroma.

"She's ethereal..." Kokila mumbled, almost in a trance.

With well-defined facial features and bimba-hued lips spelling an elysian smile, Shri's demeanour spoke of her authority and humility at the same time. Her raven locks, always twisted in a braid were now let loose as they cascaded down till her hips with no loose strands framing her visage. A maangteeka sat on her glorious forehead, her gold nosering halfly encircling her lips tinted like rubies. Her proud bonce donned a churamani which shouted the name of a peacock-feathered flautist whose heart was her residence. Kamalnayani was draped in a golden and red saree alluding her sada suhagan status and auspiciousness which was verily her in her cosmic form. Glass bangles and bracelets sat on her dainty wrists, chiming with her graceful movements as her anklets synced with them. Endowed with pious feats and signs, she was Shri, Bhu and Nila herself in a mortal disguise, who had now manifested themselves in 10 direct manifestations and 16,100 amshas. However, the wise saw them as one. One who was the energy of the preserver of the brahmanda.