Little Mermaid ⏪ Pt.1

What if Ariel decided to see Eric again?

Ariel's fin flipped steadily against the bank of the ocean waves; tumbling over shoulders as strands of the crossing ripples, whisked like seaweed. The red threads of hair stroked across her blue spheres as a swish of wind cascaded them back into the wares of water; beckoning her to return to Triton's sea.

Flounder kept to the pulse of the current as best as he could. His tiny stripped, blue fins tried by the urge of being pushed to and through; nearing the border that divided them from man's land.

She looked up in amazement at the structure of the human kingdom, Tirulia. Lights ablazed softly around, and through; glowing even in the dark speckled sky. The sand nicely met the man-made formation as rocks, that presumably made the form, led up to the castle. As Ariel's, curious, gaze followed the strange white rocks she could roughly make out the shadow of a man.

The thought of the figure being hers brought Ariel's heart to increase in beats. Fingers clutched over chest as a blush rose causing her lips to open in a breathy gasp,

"Eric."

At the mention of his name she found herself drifting closer to the land; scales brushing against the rocks, scraping her body onto the sand. The sea-maid brought her hands up to her cheeks, her elbow digging into prickly ground, as a familiar melody began to play from him; pulling the girl into an enchanting trance.

It was her song; He remembered her song. It was slightly sheared, but there was no doubt in her mind that it was indeed her wish...her longing to be with him in the sun.

As the rhythm reached the climax Ariel found her entire body resting on the warm sand. It felt dry and humid but she yearned to hear the whistled tune once more...or perhaps even the sound of his breathing.

A sigh rested from the owner's lips, his hand brushing through his hair,

"That voice...I can't get it out of my head." The figure turned down to his flute instrument before looking into the sea, his voice dropping into a low whisper,

"Where can you be?"

Ariel held her breath as she watched the shadow move slightly, fearful that it would disappear.

Every ounce of her told her to pull closer and claim her love. But what was this aching in her chest? She closed her eyes in frustration at the feeling, pressing her fingers deep into the sand.

Her thoughts blurred, replaced by another sigh from the human prince.

Ariel's heart seemed to speak louder than her troubled thoughts as she found herself pulling her body closer towards the shadow.

Heart and breath became shallow as her hand stretched with her voice-.

"-Ariel!?"

She flinched, unexpecting Sebastian's discerning tone

"What are you doing here?" He scuttled in front of her, "You know very well that your father..." His face was crunched in concern before it turned to rage. As he realized why Ariel was on the surface. He lowered his voice to a cold whisper,

"Ariel, you know very well what your father would do to me if he found you on land and especially this close to one of those barbarians." He grabbed one of her fingers roughly with his claw.

"No...Sebastian you don't understand I just wanted to see him again, please."

"Absolutely not! I've seen that look before, you were going to do far more than just see him. You are the youngest daughter of Triton, you certainly are not meant to be and that is how it must be-,"