01

Amara had entered the School, her bag by her side with books being held by her hands. The school was overcrowded today, and she did her best to squeeze by without dropping her textbooks. She ultimately made it to her locker, and a wave of triumph washed over her as she unlocked the torn metal door. one the door creaked open, a note fell to the floor and landed on top of her shoes. She realized it was a note from Eddie as she unraveled the paper. He asked to meet her down by the forest after school; it sounded important by the way he wrote the letter. Yet, she assumed it could be an excuse just for them to see one another.

Still, she didn't want to bail on him and promised herself she'd show up. She slipped the note into her back pocket and made it to her final class. Once the last bell rang, Amy walked out of school and searched for Steve or Robin to inform them about her being late for work. Since neither of them was in sight, she used the rest of her quarters to phone the store. The phone continued to ring until it was sent to voicemail. She shrugged knowing she would get scolded by Steve later on.

She made her way to the forest, and to a usual spot where she and Eddie would meet. He hadn't shown yet, but she didn't quite worry. Him being late was a known tendency. She picked on the loose strands of her knitted sweater. It was worn out already and she knew she had to save up more money for a new wardrobe. Before she could rest her head on the table to sleep she could hear footsteps making their way toward her, and so she turned herself around and saw it was Eddie.

"I'm surprised you actually showed up"

"You said on the note it was urgent"

He took off his jacket and placed it on the table.

"isn't passing notes so cliche Eddie?"

They both chuckled as he sat down in front of her.

"Yeah well it wouldn't look too good if they saw you and me talking"

"By they you mean Steve?"

Eddie's face turned serious, and she knew what she said wasn't funny. They both knew how overprotective Steve was.

"So what was so urgent Mr. Munson?"

"I---I don't know"

"You don't know?"

"It's a bit complicated ...but I was wondering if we could discuss other things in the meantime.."

"Such as?"

Eddie hesitated for a moment. He seemed nervous, and desperate to confess something. He wanted to maintain a good amount of chatter to forget the feeling of his racing heart. So, she started talking about something that he wasn't even paying any mind to. He couldn't push the thought of how amazing she was, and that she didn't deserve to be seen with Steve Harrington, that she could be with someone better; and that someone better was Eddie in his mind. He couldn't even focus on what she was blabbering about, because he was so focused on how happy she looked at this very moment, and he wanted it to remain like this for a while.

"How close are you and Steve? I don't think you've ever actually mentioned it"

"Oh, well, we've been friends since we were children. So I'd say we're pretty close"