02

Due to Amy's fast walking pace, Steve understood that she was furious. It was his pride that angered her. It was always clear to him that he was part of the high authority, especially when it came to Eddie Munson. Yet again, she was wrong about her expectations of having a peaceful time with her friend.  

                                                                                                                             "I'm sorry if I made you angry, Amy" 

"Angry?? You think I'm angry?! No Steve, I am absolutely furious!" 

Steve was also furious. Furious that she decided to turn her back on him, furious that he felt as if he was being replaced, and more importantly furious that she was with Eddie. 

"You should've stayed at work trying to find whoever you want to sleep with next"

"Yeah, well, I was too worried about you"

"you never have been much. I don't understand why you're even doing this now"

"Why are you acting like this? you're my best friend-- I can't just leave you anywhere by yourself. Especially with him" 

As Amy began to walk faster, Steve grabbed her arm. There seemed to be an awkward pause as they looked into each other's eyes. Both seemed too confused or flustered to process anything. Amy glanced at his hand that gripped onto her arm, and Steve noticed how close they had gotten. He pulled away from her, as the tension in the air slowly began to fade.  

"There is nothing wrong with him Steve. You're just so blind!" 

She poked his chest with her finger, and continued walking. She didn't hear Steve walk behind her, and apart of her wished she did. She wasn't entirely sure why she was acting this way, acting like such a brat. That's something both him and her agreed on in their minds. It wasn't like she had developed feelings for Eddie, or maybe she simply wanted Steve to get jealous and that wasn't enough for her.

She walked with Steve again, but neither of them spoke a word to the other. He started to feel guilty for what he had done. Maybe he should've ignored what Dustin said and continued on working. But what if he really did lose her to Eddie, would it be so terrible? She was his friend, and Steve shouldn't have felt the right to decide what was best suited for her. This is because a part of his heart wanted to do everything in its power to protect this girl. Steve was falling for her, even though he refused to acknowledge it. 

As they both approached Steve's car, Amy went on walking right past it. Steve was puzzled by this, and stood behind his car door before entering.  

"Amy where are you going?"

"wherever you are not." 

"You're acting childish...get in the car Amara." 

 Steve knew she disliked her actual name. Occasionally, though, he would say it in an argument or when he was upset. Amy disliked her name because she thought it was so common; she wasn't too close with her parents, and they were both the only people to say that name freely around her, which made her dislike it. Still, Amy ignored him and continued walking. She could hear Steve's car pulling up beside her

                                                                                                                             "I'm sorry. Please get inside the car" 

While students passed by her, she glanced around. She didn't want to cause a scene and let rumors spread through the town, so she opened the car door and sat inside. Steve as well as herself appeared to relax just a bit. She was clutching the handles of her school bag and hoped for Steve to not open his mouth. She looked at her friend who was sitting beside her. He looked sad enough for her to forgive him right away. Despite feeling bad for lashing out at him, it felt justified.

"I was worried that he would hurt you, so I came to get you."

While driving away from the school, Steve blurted this out at random. Steve would not have known she was Eddie unless someone had told him. Her mind raced with multiple questions to ask him, but she decided on the obvious one. 

"You knew I was going to be with Eddie?" 

"I did, but I swear-"

"Were you jealous?" 

In response to the girl's gaze, his cheeks turned pink. Her chances of asking him were worth a shot. However, he was surprised by how bright her eyes were. 

"Of course not, why would you even ask that?" 

"Well I thought it seemed quite obvious you were"

"You're delusional" 

Amy looked away from him and viewed the open road ahead of them. She wondered if Steve liked her like how she liked him. All this arguing and overthinking exauhsted her, so she rested her head on the car door. 

"Are you in love with me?"

"what?" 

 she wanted to say it was a joke even though it wasn't.  Steve's face reddened as she did.

"Just admit it. you're madly in love with me Steve Harrington"

Neither she nor Steve could hold back their laughter. It was as if they had forgotten they were mad at each other. What Amy forgot was how she left Eddie behind all by himself. He just shook his head and stared at Amy, who never looked away from him. 

"And if I am?" 

Steve had whispered this since he had no confidence in actually telling it to her. Confusion was spread across Amy's face, and she leaned closer to him. 

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you"

Steve could feel himself almost being drenched in sweat. All of these questions Amy was asking got him too nervous. She was making him nervous. Especially on how close she was to him now. He shook his head as a response of nothing but Amy knew it was something. She didn't want to pry any further so they didn't talk for the rest of the ride. But both of them wanted to talk to each other endlessly. 

Authors Note: I apologize for the late update on here especially in tik tok. I had been hospitalized back on the beginning of the week and decided to take a rest for my mental well being. I wanted to give you guys my full effort and work onto this story so I apologize again <3