8

A few minutes pass as the nurse walks into the lobby. "Tyrax Ro'meave and Alina Lycan?" She calls, gaining the attention of both of them. Aphmau looks at her and nods subtly, "Go ahead; we'll see you in a bit." Olivia gives the same answer to Tyrax as both follow the nurse into Souta's room.  

Souta stares into the window, and his mind is surrounded with thoughts when his ear twitches, and he looks towards the door and sees it open, and in walks his little brother and best friend, to which he smiles. "Hey." Both don't even say a word and immediately hug him tightly. "Ow. Ow. You both missed me, but I'm still in pain." He mutters hoarsely. "Souta, your voice," Alina says. "Doctor said my lungs sustained minor damage when I was in operation. They said my voice may be like this for a while.” Alina tears up as souta wipes them away. "Hey, I'm alive and well for the most part." "I'm so sorry if we found you sooner; maybe this wouldn't've happened."  He pulls her chin up with his left arm. "Don't blame yourself. Sure this hurts as hell, but it isn't your fault. I'm the one that tried to protect Tyrax, but it's ok. Now smile. You're  beautiful when you smile.”

Alina sniffles and gives him a small smile. "There we go, it's ok. I'm alive."

“Waking up and realizing you were gone scared the shit out of me.” Tyrax says after taking a deep breath. "I know. I'm here, ok?" 

He notes the slight pink dusting on Alina's cheeks but pays it no mind. "Tyrax, I will always be there; no matter what I do, it benefits you and Alina. You both are my priority always. Even if it means getting kidnapped to keep you both safe. I will do it."

“Just don't get kidnapped again. That took it a bit too far, don't you think, Tyrax?” Alina says jokingly. "No doubt that was the scariest thing in my life.." Tyrax answers. "Alright, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again," Souta says and hugs them both immediately after.

“What are your injuries? The arm, obviously, but what else?” Alina asks. "Well, my shoulder was fractured, along with a few broken ribs. Oh, and I had a punctured lung which the recovery is making my voice sound hoarse. Though I'm pretty sure that's it." 

“That’s a lot,” Tyrax says and looks to the side. He nods sadly and sees doctor Sheren walk in with a clipboard. "Well, I have good news. He’s going to recover just fine. How about we get you out of here?” She says. "I'd love that, and I'm already tired of the hospital food," Souta confesses.  "Um, that reminds me, was my phone saved from the damages. last I knew, it was in my hoodie pocket when they beat me." He asks. 

Tyrax shakes his head. “Your phone was smashed to bits, and we’ll get you a new one.”

That phone had that photo of Alina and me last month, and I didn't save it to my cloud storage! It was our first day of the school year! Did you get the photo from my phone?!”

Alina shakes her head. “I’m sorry, Souta. You were going to send it to me the night you went missing so that I could put it in my scrapbook.”  he looks down, upset, "what about the song I had written. Was the audio file saved?" Tyrax shakes his head, "No, the file got corrupted and couldn't be saved."

Alina runs a hand through his hair. “I’m sorry, Souta. "It's fine. I was playing guitar and writing a song when I got kidnapped. did my guitar-?" "There were broken remains of it when we looked in your room," Tyrax says.

“That guitar was $150! I worked so hard to save up for it! It took me almost two years.” He says, upset. "I'm sorry big bro, we can get you a new one if you want," Tyrax says, trying to comfort him.  "There goes a way I could've coped through all that's been going on." He says, sighing defeatedly.

“Changing the subject! What did they tell you while you were captured?” Alina asks.

"Something about a white demon curse and Ultima being related to your family." He mutters, too upset now to care.