PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

CLANG!

An object crashes upon another within the darkness, creating a golden light. Light, Particles, and crystals of the gold spur from the impact.

The Elden Ring begins to fracture.

CLANG!

An object crashes upon another again, and the light from it becomes brighter. Its luminance reveals a man in front of a stone anvil with a line of golden light on its surface. He held a hammer in his right hand that emitted golden dust on its tip.

The man stood hunched and breathed loudly from his previous action, his left hand placed upon the anvil for support. His hair was colored red like flames and braided due to its length, his skin pale as clay, his body sculpted to perfection with all his layers of muscle on display, his lower bottom covered with a black skirt with lines of gold trends.

The Elden Ring reforms and starts to mend itself.

His golden-colored eyes fall upon the anvil again with a hint of panic on his face. He stood tall and raised the hammer once more.

CLANG!

The hammer clashes on the anvil again, landing the golden line. The impact emits a flash of light once more. The light becomes brighter again and stays constant. Its luminance lit up the area, revealing a stone platform with golden leaves on its grounds and the anvil in the middle.

A woman stands in front of the anvil with the hammer in her left hand. Her hair was pale gold and braided, her skin was pale as clay, and her upper body was exposed to reveal her feminine features to be perfect, firm, and toned in their naked form. She wore a black skirt with lines of gold trends that were used as part of a dress that covered her upper body.

The Elden Ring begins to fracture once more, now more damaged than before.

Cracks appear on the back of the woman. She groans in pain and kneels in front of the anvil. Using the hammer to push herself up, she stood up in hesitation and raised the hammer.

CLANG!

The hammer crashes on the anvil again, creating another flash of light. The red-haired man appears again in front of the anvil kneeling with labored breathing. He looks to the hammer in his left hand and switches it to his right. Cracks too appear on his back, causing him pain and discomfort. He stands up with the support of the anvil. Looking down at the golden line on the anvil, he prepares to raise the hammer again.

The Elden Ring mends again. But its damages remain.

Radagon. Stop it.

He hears a voice of a woman speaking to him within his mind. He frowns in frustration and pain as more cracks appear on his pale skin back to make it resemble a clay statue that is breaking. He breaths harder as he struggles to grip the hammer, his left-hand twitches as if he is not in control.

Radagon puts the hammer down on the surface of the platform and grips his left hand to control its movements. He regained himself by clenching his left hand into a fist. He tests his fingers to ensure that control is now his.

He looks up with his eyes closed. "Stop what, Marika? This act of blasphemy and madness? One you plotted for years? Eons? Since the beginning?". He answers to the space around him.

This is my will. The final act of my life. One that was a blessing soon turned into a curse. I never intended for this age to last. Not after what it cost me and what it tried to do.

"Never intended? So it was all lies? The words of the greater will you tell our people?!" Radagon shouts out upwards, causing the area to echo his words. "You would throw a few thousand years of progress for a personal grudge that was eons ago!?"