Chapter 3: A Mage's Wish

The time comes when he finally gets a moment alone with her. Jang-Wook and Mu-Deok arrived in Songrim to begin Jang-Wook's training. She was working in the kitchen when he approached her. Coming up behind her, he decided the easiest place to start would be the beginning.

"My-Deok, have I ever told you about my childhood?" asks Seo Yul.

She raises one eyebrow in a look that seems to ask why he ever would have.

Clearing his throat, he tells her about his childhood and the moments of peace he experienced on the mountain. He tells her about the girl, hard as stone,  that he met there. (He pretended not to notice the stiffening of her shoulders at that part.) He admitted to her just how badly his confession with and how he never saw her again.

"Why are you telling me this?" Mu-Deok asks.

"Because, Naksu, I never stopped loving you from that moment."

She pulls a hidden blade from her skirt pocket. "How do you know who I am?"

"How could I not when I was remembering our moments together and Mu-Deok's image appears? I already knew you had attempted to shift your soul and it wasn't long before I made the connection between the girl from the mountain, Naksu the shadow assassin, and Mu-Deok the maid. I often thought if I pushed the feelings I had in my childhood down enough that I could forget them. But you coming into my life again has made them resurface. It took all my willpower to turn down what your illusion offered. However, I am unable to stop these desires from spilling into my dreams now and am unwilling to go any longer in silence."

Naksu looked startled at his confession; confused on how anyone could feel that way about her. She was nothing but an assassin in the past and a maid in the present. Someone far beneath his notice. "What do you want with me?"

"I want all of you. I want to be the person you smile at, laugh with, lean on.... I want to prove my love for you in every touch. Let me show you the affection in my heart and let me into yours."

"I don't know how to do that." admits Naksu.

"Then let me show you." Yeo Sul walks over confidently and with one hand gently touches her cheek ensuring that she wouldn't stab him or pull away. He then buries his hand into her hair and pulls her in for a kiss.