9 - More Intense Feelings

Upon finding out that I.O had fled the Daily Bugle, the Seven organized a quick meeting to tell the members who weren't aware of what was going on.

"It seems like our plan is working as intended with I.O having fled the Bugle!" The Foundation says, folding his arms. "I guess it's no surprise that Midas and The Origin were the cause of them surrendering the place."

Midas chuckles slightly, leaning back in his chair.

"Hehe, I'll bet Midas had 'em running in fear cos of how strong and powerful he is!" Jones points out, eyeing his boyfriend with a smile.

Midas blushes, a little embarrassed, but he appreciates Jones' compliments regardless.

"So, where are I.O headed next?" The Imagined questions, nudging The Foundation's arm.

"I've heard from one of our spies that they'll be headed to Condo Canyon next. So we'll be sending our forces there."

"In that case, I'll go too." Imagined says. "Give 'em a little more firepower y'know?"

"That's... actually not a bad idea, Imagined." Foundation agrees. "Take Origin with you while you're at it."

The Origin turns to the Foundation and quickly stands up, not liking that proposal.

"Why me? Can't she just take The Visitor with her instead?"

"He's too busy at the moment. I'm sure you two working together until Condo Canyon is freed won't be a problem for you both."

The two of them go to object further, but lie back in their chairs upon realizing nothing's gonna change The Foundation's mind.

"Is there any more news on The Paradigm?" The Imagined asks.

A few heads turn to The Scientist upon Paradigm being mentioned. He reluctantly sighs.

"She has responded to messages, but we're not sure if she's going to show up. Considering how much you guys think she's a traitor."

The meeting continues on for another 5 minutes as the Seven discuss more about the Paradigm and other plans. Midas can't help but notice how much they bicker to each other about the Paradigm and where her alligences lie.

Something tells him that if they don't stop bickering about it, the discourse between them all could lead to their defeat in the war.

-------------

Many hours later...

"And there. That should do it." Jones says, tightening one last bolt and stepping back.

Jules and The Scientist smile, somewhat impressed by Jones.

"Huh. Good job Jonesy. You'd make a decent engineer." Jules laughs, putting her wrench away in her pocket.

The blond smiles.

"Ha. I doubt that. I'm not exactly engineer or fixer upper type." He chuckles. "But I was glad to help out upgrading the battle bus."

"Same here. But I think Scientist can handle it from here, right?"

He nods, giving them a subtle thumbs up.

With that, Jules and Jones leave him to his work and then, after saying goodnight, head off to their respective sleeping quarters.

Jones slips inside his and Midas' shared quarters, stretching his arms and announces his return to Midas.

"Sorry I'm late Midas, I was a little caught up in helping Jules and Scientist."

There's no response, but Jones quickly sees the bathroom light on and assumes that Midas is showering or something. He gives the door a gentle knock, leaning against it.