11 - Familiar Readings

Midas, Origin and Astra land back where they started in the Sanctuary still trying to process what they just witnessed. Midas looks over at the girl, her silent demeanor worrying him.

"Astra...are you alright?" Midas asks.

She turns to face him, wiping her eyes. But to his surprise, she was smiling a little.

"I think I get why Orelia wanted to hide my past. She only wanted to keep me safe." Astra says. "After reviving me, Oro, her and I revived the rest of the townsfolk and they all lived in the palace."

"I'm assuming they got their memories erased too." Origin buts in, arms folded.

"I'm not sure. I never really left the palace very often." She hums, shrugging. "Though, when I did, I never saw the people who were my parents. I wonder why..."

"Perhaps they were afraid that if you saw them, your memories would come back to you."

"Maybe..."

She pauses, hugging her arms.

"But at least now, with these new abilities of mine, I have a reason to put them to good use and kick I.O's butt!"

With that, she runs off elsewhere. Midas turns towards the Origin.

"Well, I apologize for dragging you into all that. I'll listen to what you want me for now." He says, readjusting his tie.

The Origin clenches his fists before turning away.

"It doesn't matter. You're free to return to your quarters if you wish. I... have something to attend to."

He then walks off, leaving Midas and his thoughts to himself.

------------

An hour or so later...

To pass the time, Midas had been studying the file on 8R3Z he stole from the I.O. So far nothing of interest had popped up as a majority of information had been either taken or scratched out by someone. Probably Slone since it was her experiment.

"There must be something in here that'll explain where this cyborg came from." Midas sighs, flopping down on the bed. "They just appeared out of nowhere after the island flipped."

The door to Midas' quarters opens up and Jones slides in holding some kind of tablet.

"Hey Midas! Got a mo?"

He looks up and smiles at Jones before sitting up.

"Eh, maybe. I'm currently reading through this file I 'borrowed' from I.O when me and Origin went to the Daily Bugle." He explains. "It's based on 8R3Z, but nearly all the info has been erased. It's like they're hiding information on them from me for a reason."

Jones raises an eyebrow, finding that very suspicious.

"Huh, that's odd. But I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually."

Midas shrugs, closes the folder and puts it on his bedside table.

"Anyway, moving on. What did you want me for dear?" Midas asks, shuffling closer to Jones who blushes a little.

"Oh, right!"

Jones takes the tablet in his hand and turns it on. The screen lights up to show a map with a blue outlined version of the Island.

"So recently the Seven have been receiving strange energy readings. But since they've been so busy, they asked me to find out where it's been coming from." Jones explains. "I think I've finally found its location. Take a look."

He hands the tablet to Midas and zooms in on the map. An orange circle reticle flashes around Loot Lake, a dot in the center of the circle points out the exact spot on the map.