1 - I.O's Status

It had been two weeks since the island had flipped. Midas, Jones, Jules and the rest of their friends had settled on Artemis nicely, while the otherworldly duo Astra and Orelia returned to their home.

Things were a little gloomy for Midas as his father Ares, whom he reanimated and freed from his golden state a few months prior, had met a watery grave when the island of Apollo was flipped over.

Thankfully for him, his sister, boyfriend and all his other friends were all going to be there for him to help him through the grief.

Although the three of them had plenty of money thanks to Midas' power showering them with gold, they all decided to finally find jobs on the island.

Because lets be honest. While it's nice stay at home all day everyday, they couldn't just laze about and watch the world go by with a whole new island to explore.

Jules decided to be a mechanic for hire, driving to garage to garage in each town when people couldn't sus out how to fix something and were in need of a master mechanic.

Jones, despite the terrible memories he had of I.O, somewhat missed working at a desk and doing paperwork. Plus the free coffee he got every morning.

So he found a job in a neighboring town and it was pretty much the exact same thing he did in I.O all those years ago except minus the life threatening reality jumping missions.

Having missed working behind a desk too, Midas decided to join him and they eventually ended up getting an office to themselves.

When it comes to Marigold, she occasionally visited the island to see how Midas and the others were doing. Though she knew she couldn't stay forever as she had her own jobs to deal with in her reality.

As for the rest of Midas' friends, they all went off doing their own thing, but remained in contact with him in case they were needed again.

Life couldn't be better for the three of them.

And with Orelia and Astra reunited up in the place they resided in, the two watched over them and the island. Always keeping watchful eyes out for trouble and watching over Oro's 'son'...

However, this time, we're not starting this story there with the titular mastermind.

Instead, we'll be seeing what's going on below them, under the surface.

-------

In the depths of the Imagined Order things were the messiest it had ever been with equipment and machines tossed around and destroyed, some beyond repair.

After the island flipped, nearly every guard was tasked with cleaning up and repairing all the damages per Doctor Slone's orders, who miraculously survived despite being locked in a room after The Foundation rescued John Jones.

For the past few weeks she had concealed herself in the engineers area of the Bridge, with no one having any knowledge of what she was up to. Though it keeps the guards guessing about it.

Two guards fixing things up in Island Control briefly talk amongst themselves about it.

"I'm telling ya man. Slone's probably got something BIG planned after the island flipped." #1 says, mopping small pieces of debris away with a broom.

"She always has a plan dude." #2 responds, sorting through files and putting them in the correct draws. "She's probably real pissed off after Jonesy escaped with the Foundation and that other guy."

"Whatcha think she's working on?" #1 asks, leaning against the broom.

"Beats me man. Maybe it's related to the big drills that are under construction right now?"