Chapter Four

The club was packed and loud. Cale had really wanted to just hang out with Madison, but didn't want to seem like a douche and refuse to go when she apparently wanted to come. She practically had to sit in his lap on the way due to the limo being beyond full capacity.

It had been sweet torture. The curve of her ass pressed against his leg. It had taken extreme willpower to hold himself in check. Her scent had consumed him. And everything inside of him was screaming to touch her. Any hope he had that his desire for her might just be a figment of his imagination was dashed.

He leaned in so she could hear him. "Want something to drink?"

Their noses almost bumped when she faced him. He didn't pull back and she appeared unsure of what to do.

"Sure. A beer would be great."

He slid out of the booth and walked to the bar, determined not to turn to see if she was watching him. That would be a total chick move.

# # #

One beer turned to two, two to three, three to four and so on until he'd lost count of how many she had downed. Cale snarled when she laughed at something Ransom said. He had caught his friend checking "his girl" out more than once. He had to admit she looked damn good in her tight jeans and tank that showed just enough of her ample cleavage. She made most of the models he had slept with look like shit.

He couldn't take it anymore. "Want to dance?"

She seemed surprised by his question. For a second, he thought she would decline, but then she smiled and nodded.

He took her hand and led her to the crowded dance floor. The beat of the music was fast and dirty. He pulled her against him, setting the pace. Madison bit her lip before turning so that her ass pressed against him. He groaned at the feel of her grinding movements.

He cursed the DJ as the song ended and Madison stopped dancing. Before she could walk away, he pulled her to him once again as a slower song came on. He ached for her and almost begged her to let him take her home with him when she gazed up at him through dark lashes.

Their bodies swayed to the music, both lost in the moment. He fought the urge to kiss her again.

Madison leaned forward and laid her head on his chest. He ran his hand up her back and into her hair, gently massaging her scalp.

"Mmm, that feels good." Her voice was a low, husky purr.

Then she laughed. "I am so drunk." He smiled at her confession. "I usually don't drink this much."

"I don't think your friend is going to be able to drive y'all home tonight. She looks pretty trashed too."

"Shit," Madison drawled out when she noticed Casey stumbling around with one of the guys who had been hanging out with them.

Cale brushed her hair back from her face and tilted her chin so she would have to look up at him. "Don't worry about it. Y'all can stay with me at the hotel."

Madison shook her head. "No, we couldn't do that. I-I don't think that would be a good idea."

"Relax, Maddie. I have a suite; you two can share the other room."

She hesitated long enough to glance at Casey again, then nodded.