Part 15

I took a deep breath and checked myself in the mirror. Did I look my greatest? Absolutly not. Did it look like I didn't have a breakdown? Eh. Who knows. I opened the door to reveal a tall figure standing infront of me. 

"Pietro?" I asked confused.

"That's my name."

"What are you doing creepily standing infront of my door for god knows how long?"

"Sorry about that." Pietro said with a lopsided grin. "I was talking to Wanda and she said that I should go bother you so here I am, bothering you."

I rolled my eyes. "Why don't you bother me in the kitchen?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because," I said slowly. "I need to eat or you will end up with a kick to your crotch. Are we clear?"

Pietro nodded and sped us to the kitchen. "Better?"

I grabbed a some coffee and poured cereal. "Much. So what are your plans for today?"

"I don't know, maybe train some. I want to regain some memories but that seems to be impossible."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "Wanda can't fix it nor can Tony, Dr. Cho, Banner, or anyone else. And to be frank, I'm not sure I want to remember." 

Those simple words cut through me like a knife. "But what about me?" I wanted to scream. I wanted him back, the old Pietro. I wanted him to remember me and our future. I wanted to show him the truth. But, I resisted. Tony's words resounded in my head. "He needs to figure it out on his own and not be forced into anything.". A thousand questions ran through my head. 

Pietro continued, "From what I've heard I'm not missing anything too major. I think I needed this fresh start. It's a chance for a new life and to become a better version of me that I can."

I swallowed hard. "Sure."