Chapter 3.1: Trust Should Be Earned And Only Comes After The Passage Of Time

Once you've reached the top, everything will become dull.

Only futility awaits at the end.

You will gain so little and leave as much behind.

To be unrivaled is to have nowhere to go.

A brief moment of fulfillment at the summit that gives way to pure emptiness.

Gone will be your days of thrill and exaltation.

It was like a curse.

Being the smartest isn't always a good thing, that's what number 1 tells to his self everyday.

Up until now, he is undefeated.

Wanting to taste a lost, he asked to himself,

[Is there someone who can dispell this curse of mine? Someone who can win against me?]

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji.

That person is the only one who can defeat him.

The one that will bring colors back into his life, but unfortunately, that will never happen.

That's because number 1 knows that Kiyotaka Ayanokouji is in the verge of dying.

*****

"W-why?! Why won't you have a sex with me?!"

Taketatsu was frustrated.

Not only her pride as a female hurts, but also all of her efforts was just turn into vain.

The skills to seduce any man that she cultivated all this years is useless to the man in front of her, thus she asked such things unknowingly.

"Isn't that obvious? Ever since from the start, I never trusted you. You are too focus on your objective that you failed to see your surroundings."

"What do you mean?"

Chiba walk towards the bathroom fully naked, took his clothes, and wore it before answering.

"You still doesn't get it, aren't you? Using my 19 thousand points that I spent on our date, I successfully exposed your objectives to me. Your impatience led you to your own failures."

Chiba already planned everything long time ago.

He already have his suspicion when they first met.

To be more precise, Chiba judged every person he met base on his first impression about them.

Taketatsu's reaction was really out of normal when they first met, thus leading him to a conclusion.

Afterall, there's no such thing as falling in love at their first meet up, that's what Chiba believes base on his experiences in the past.

This isn't a romcom story where all girls he met will be suddenly fall inlove unto him without any reason.

"You also want to cripple my funds, right? Then when I'm already out of points, you think I will ask for your help. I'll be indebt to you and use that to take advantage of me. Your strategy will only work to those fools. Unfortunately, you've met a wrong target."

Letting his guard down, making his opponent believe that her plans were working, then in a right timing and preparation, he will strike without hesitation, that's what he did.