Time counting down

Breath in. Breath out. It didn't seem to help though with each breath it seemed as though I was getting less and less oxygen. The weight on my chest seemed to increase with every second. My ceiling seeming to spin even though I was laying down. I rolled onto my side pulling my blankets over my head to hide. 

You know it might help if you breath into a paper bag if you feel like you can't breath. Something to do with the carbon dioxide or something. The voice of my brother coming to front of my mind from the time when he first found out I trouble breathing at times. It seemed to help a little. Though the weight on my chest didn't lessen whatsoever. 

Why can't I breath like a normal person? I thought throwing my blankets off glaring into the darkness. Should I look? A part of my mind I had been ignoring suffered in my attempt to sleep. 

I closed my eyes as my left wrist seem to burn as though the object attached to my wrist knew I was thinking about it. I tried to ignore it. I could hear my heartbeat quickening as it pounded in my ears. I squeezed my eyes tight, curling my hands into fist as I tried to ignore the temptation. 

I shook my head sighing exhaustively as I gave in, rolled over and turned on my bedside light. I keep my eyes closed as I lifted my wrist up in front of my face. I opened one eye to get a look at the device in front of my face. With each second that counted down on it my heart seemed to slow to sync with it. 

Why is this so overwhelming? Why do I have to feel like this? I'm meeting my soulmate not taking a test.  But just like a test this could also determine my future, my happiness, everything!

I bet Issac wouldn't be this terrified. He'd probably act as if it was nothing, acting all cool and nonchalant. I wish I was more like him in that way. He could handle anything that came his way. 

I glanced over at my clock on my side table; 3am it read. I leveled an annoyed gaze back onto my ceiling. 

"Dang it," I muttered into the shadows suddenly feeling all the more exhausted but not in the way that would allow me to actually be able to sleep.

What will they be like?   

What will they look like?

I couldn't stop from thinking these thoughts. 

Will they like me?

I know since they're my soulmate they're meant for me but I can't help but doubt fate. 

My eyes seemed to finally begin to slip shut. 

What if fate is wrong? I thought before I slipped into a fitful slumber.