Hazel eyes {Pov Paige}

The image of the blue eyes are supposed to be Paige's eyes.

-Kanoa

The plan we had made the day before was to visit a few of our favorite places to waste a little time. My first stop was the Nightingale Song which was amazing cafe with scrumptious cookies and pastries. Not to mention their chai tea was absolutely splendid. It always had the most perfect amount of cinnamon in it, although no matter how sweet it was I always drizzled some extra honey on top.

Today one of my best friends, Taya was supposed to met me there. She was a golden blonde haired girl who has always smiled the sweetest, even though she had quite the temper when someone got her angry. Today was also her special day.

Not long after I found a seat, she stalked into the cafe a murderous look spread across her normally smiley features. Accompanying her angry expression was a green stain on her shirt. Only one thing that could be, I thought. She sat down in the seat across from mine.

"What happened?!" I whispered worriedly.

"Some idiot! Bumped into me and my smoothie exploded all over me," Taya growled, her teeth clenched, her eyes flaring.

"Please at least tell me you punched him in the face," I commented, trying to get some humor out of it.

"No. He and his stupid friend ran off before I could! Those little-" she was cut off when the waitress came up to take our order. I placed a hand over Taya's mouth so she couldn't finish her sentence.

"I would like chai tea, with a five of your chocolate dipped tea cookies and a sausage quiche. She'll have a quiche as well," I ordered speedily. Thankfully the waitress was a good listener, and she took off to carry out our order.

"Little brats!" Taya finished when I took my hand off her mouth. "You thought I was going to swear didn't you?" she accused pointing a finger at me.

"Maybe just bit," I confessed, grinning sheepishly. I looked down at lap causing my hair to fall forward hiding my face from view. She punched my right arm gently but I still let lose an "ow." It didn't hurt.

"I'll be right back. I need to change into something else, and since today is also my day as well as yours, I brought an extra outfit," she announced walking off to the bathroom. Our timers were always about an hour apart, and ever since we first met, we always imagined what they would look like.

A few minutes later the waitress served us our food, and Taya came out of the bathroom wearing a pair of blue flower printed caprees and an airy white tank top, that was longer in the back. To top the look she was wearing a pair of leather sandals, and at her side she had her ever-present leather messenger bag.

I wish I was confident about my looks as she was, I thought wishfully as she strode radiantly and confidently across the café.

I took a sip my chai as she sat down. "So how do look?"

"Fabulous, darling," I commented in a French accent, the edges of my lips turning upwards.

"Why, thank you," she said in a voice that sounded exactly like mine.

My jaw drops slightly, which caused Taya chuckle under her breath as she took a bite of her quiche. "How do you do that?" I demanded in awe.

"How do you do that?" Taya mimicked my voice again after she had swallowed. Taya had always been able to mimic anyone's voice, no matter who. Taya once mimicked my mom's voice and made Issac think that he was grounded for something he didn't even do. After he found out what Taya had done, he gave us noogies that made our brains hurt for a long period of time. I chuckled through my nose at the memory. "I don't know how I'm able to do it," Taya told me for what seemed the millionth time, a grin pulled across her features. Her eyes gleaming brightly as she took another bite.