Chapter 11

(November Rain)

Khushi was changed woman. She knew it. And she knew others saw that spark in her too. Her dedication towards learning to cook, though, surprised everyone.

The Guptas had initially vehemently opposed for Khushi to go back to London two months early. However, they gave it a second thought when Sudha Yadav talked them into letting Khushi stay with her. She would save on rent and the upcoming wedding season meant a higher percentage of commission.

So, finally after twisting as many arms as she could Khushi sat peacefully in her flight seat, ready to be whisked way.

When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same?

Arnav was a changed man. Sitting home for the past few months, he had realized he didn't want to join Raizada Industries after all. He adored the fashion industry. After a little back and forth, Mahendra Singh Raizada okayed it.

So, finally after twisting as many arms as he could Arnav sat peacefully in his flight seat beside Akash, ready to step back into his alma-mater for a masters degree in Business Administration.

Nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

Akash was a changed man. Always wanting to stay home, in his comfort zone, his broken relationship had woken him up from a slumber. The world was a bad place and to be him in this world, he needed to create his own mark.

So, finally after twisting as many arms as he could Akash sat peacefully in his flight seat beside Arnav, ready to be the CFO of AR Designs within two years.

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain, ooh yeah
Love is always coming, love is always going
No one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away

"Khushi?" Her eyes flew open at the familiar voice.

"Anika, hi!" Khushi was pleasantly surprised to see her neighbour. One half of the radio maniacs, as Lavanya used to call in live-in couple. "You're flying back to London?"

"Uncle got us into the master's programme. Did you get in, too?" Anika Singh asked excitedly.

"No. I have a... job offer."

Anika looked surprised.

"It's short term, I'll hopefully be back home by March sometime."

"I see. Drop by anytime, Shivaay would be so happy to see you." Anika took her leave, gliding across the aisles in a criss-cross way.

Khushi lay back, closing her eyes again.

If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head just knowin' that you were mine
All mine

Arnav opened his eyes at the voice.

Two women were conversing in low tones right ahead of him. In the dim lights and his sleep-deprived brain, he chastised himself. What would Khushi Kumari Gupta be doing on a flight to London? He needed to stop thinking about that woman.

So if you want to love me then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin' in the cold November rain

Khushi woke up famished, glad that they were landing in less than an hour. Sudha Aunty's food was unmatched even by her own mother.

Stretching, she got up to use the loo.

Do you need some time on your own?
Do you need some time all alone?
Ooh, everybody needs some time on their own
Ooh, don't you know you need some time all alone