Chapter 11

Abhi reaches back home and is extremely happy. He goes to his room and picks up Avni and twirls her around making her laugh.

Avni, I am so happy princess. Papa loves you so much.

Papa put me down first. Jaan came back.

I know and it's only because of you Avni. So this was the promise you and your Jaan were hiding.

Yes papa.

Flashback Starts

Avni come here I need to tell you something.

What is it Jaan?

Avni I have to go back. I had only come for two days.

No Jaan you can't go back. What will we do without you. Please don't leave us.

Avni listen to me sweetheart. See its important, if not I would have never left you.

You won't come back I know.

I promise I will be back in one week.

Promise?

Yes but you also have to promise me one thing.

What?

You will not tell any of this to Papa. I want to surprise him. This will be our little secret. Ok?

Promise Jaan. Our little secret. Yayyy.

Flashback Ends

Ok papa now let's call Jaan.

I can see Avni is very happy today. May I know why?

Ofcourse Jaan I am the happiest today. Since you are back now Dadi won't force papa to get me a stepmother. Now we will be together.

Ok. You had dinner?

No jaan. I was waiting for papa.

Ok I have send dinner with papa. You finish that fast and then go to sleep. You have school tomorrow.

Ok jaan bye. I love you.

I love you too both.

Abhi looks surprised at the open confession from Akshara and Akshara senses this.

It's ok Abhi. Get used to all this. I know I can't make up for the lost time but that doesn't mean I will give up. Bye.

Bye take care.

Next morning Abhi is getting Avni ready for school.

Papa will you ask Jaan to pick me up from school today. Please.

Ok I will tell her if she isn't busy. Now let's have our breakfast and then we will leave.

They sit on the breakfast table and Avni sees there is oats for breakfast. She doesn't like oats but she just holds her father's hand.

Papa I will have fruits only.

Why?

Please...

Ok. But first finish your milk.

In the car

Papa when will Jaan come home.

Home?

I mean to live with us or can we go and live in AAG.

Avni she is already in AAG.

Then we will go and live their like all my friends live with their mummy papa.

Avni see we have arrived.

Abhi drops her to school and heads to the hospital. On the way he thinks about what Avni said.