Chapter 39

Mamma will you always come with me in the evening?

Yes Avi. I will because I get free earlier than papa so that's why.

I like Avi, mamma.

I like my Avi too.

Mamma can I go and play downstairs?

What about your homework?

I will do it once I am back. Please.

Ok go but take care.

Will you also come?

Ok I will join you in sometime. I have some work in the kitchen after that I will come.

Abhimanyu comes out of the OT at around 6 pm. He goes to his cabin and checks his phone. He sees a message from Akshara.

Abhi I left at 4. You were in the OT so dropping a text. Don't worry I had asked Ramesh to pick me up, so me and Avni are going together. Come home soon. Love you. 😘

Love you too 😘 😘 😘

Akshara is done with her work in the kitchen so she locks the door and  waits for the lift to go down and join Avni. As the lift opens she sees an inconsolable Avni who jumps to hug her.

Avi baby what happened? Why are you crying? Did you hurt yourself? (Opening the door with Avni in her arms)

Mamma, Ayaan pushed me and said bad things to me (showing her knee to Akshara)

First please stop crying (Wiping her tears) and let me clean this first.

Akshara washes off the wound and then puts a bandaid on the cut. She places Avni in her lap and hugs her tight.

Now tell me who is Ayaan and why did he push you?

Flashback Starts

Hi Payal.

Hi Avni. I was waiting for you.

I was talking to mamma that's why I was late.

Don't lie to Payal. We all know you have only your papa and he doesn't have time for you.

Ayaan stop saying bad things to Avni.

I didn't say any bad things Payal and stop playing with her or nobody will play with you. She will make you a liar like her.

I am not lying Ayaan. My mamma will come here in some time then you will see.

Ayaan and his friends start shouting "liar liar pants on fire" and Ayaan pushes Avni.

Flashback Ends

Mamma doesn't papa have time for Avni.

Ofcourse he has Avi. You know Papa is a doctor. Right?

Yes mamma but in the park so many children come with their papa.

I know baby. Ok tell me do you know what a doctor does?

Yes mamma. Doctor gives us medicine and sometimes injection also.

Right but also doctors save live just like papa. You know after God if people ask somebody to save their lives, it's a doctor. So that's why Papa is busy and has to skip spending time with his princess. So you tell me what's more important trying to save someone's life or playing with his princess.

Wow Mamma. Papa can save someone's life. They will be so happy. Yes I am happy my papa tries to save lives. He is the best.

Ofcourse he is. So next time somebody says something like this, tell them that your papa is the best.