Chapter 31

Akshara enters the room with a water bottle. She places the bottle on the side table and adjusts Avni properly on the bed. Abhi asks her to come to him. She goes and sits on the edge of the couch facing Abhimanyu.

Akhsu are you fine?

Shhhh. Abhi will you please hold me?

Ofcourse Jaan. You don't have to say please to me. Come here.

He pulls her up and places her on his lap whils she snuggles closer to him. She places her head in the crook of his neck and her hand is on his chest while Abhi protectively holds her waist and places his other hand on her hand and they sit like that without talking to each other. After sometime he feels wetness on his neck.

Jaan why are you crying? Look at me.

No please. Let me just.

You had a very severe panic attack. Please don't cry. Please look at me.

Abhi makes her face him. He slowly kisses her tears and touches her forehead with his. Akshara slightly slides down and places her head on his heart listening to his heartbeats.

Akshu do you want to talk about it? (Kissing her temple)

Abhi you know since the day Sirat Ma died Aarohi changed totally. She never talked to me much nor did she play with me. You know Bade papa always said she has lost her mother that's why she is behaving like this and you are her elder sister you should understand her but nobody thought about me. I had lost my mother that too second time but it didn't matter to anyone. So I grew up hearing this that I am Aarohi’s elder sister and I should take care of her. That's why I behaved as I did 6 years back. But when I left I saw my life from a new perspective I realized it was never my fault that Sirat Ma died. It was an accident. Do you remember I told you about that aunty who owned the PG?

Yes I do Jaan.

She made me understand that Aarohi didn't blame me for that accident but she was using it as a weapon to exploit me, to emotionally manipulate me, to get things done her way and she succeeded in that too, that's why I gave up on us that time.(while drawing patterns on his chest)

Akshu let's not talk about us. Trust me we are in a much much better place right now than we would have been if things went our way 6 years back.

I know Abhi and I am grateful for this, for what we have. It's the best thing that has happened to me.

Akshu tell me one thing if you had understood Aarohi’s intentions so well then what triggered the panic attack today.

You know Aarohi told me that we will leave Avni and forget about her once we have our own children.

What rubbish? You know Jaan that's not happening.

I know Abhi. She is my daughter. She is our daughter and nothing can change this fact. This is not the reason I panicked. She said I am a bad omen and that I will ruin you and Avni one just like I did to my parents.

You do not believe that Akshu? Right?

Abhi what if....

Please are you even listening to yourself. Look at me (Cupping her face). I am saying this for the last time. You, Akshara Birla are the most prized, most beautiful possession Abhimanyu Birla has. Nothing and nobody can change this fact, not even you. Leave me aside. Do you know how much our daughter has changed since your arrival. You have just boosted her confidence in a single day. Would you believe Akshu, she had never stepped in the kitchen in these 6 years? But it's happening all because of you.

Abhiii..

Let me finish. You know you are the knight in the shining armour for both of us and don't let anyone tell you anything otherwise. Promise me this is the last time you let this thought cross your mind. Also I did something without talking to you.