Chapter 14

Keefe's POV

Foster? Keefe's mind was running. Was he imagining things or did Sophie just tell him the Neverseen had a shade? More importantly why him? Why not Fitz? Ugh too many questions not enough answers.

"Hello?" Ro asked waving a hand in front of his face.

"Huh. Oh sorry. I-Uh- Just thought I heard something." Keefe replied.

" Do you think it was Sophie? I tried that last time. Remember?" Fitz chimed in. He did when. Sophie almost faded, she had been in his head for a while, but he ignored it thinking it was his imagination.

"Good point."

"What did she say?" Tam asked a little too eagerly for the person who got her into this.

"She said the Neverseen have a shade." Keefe responded.

"Did you respond?" Marella who had been surprisingly quiet asked.

"I tried. I think Gethen caught her." 

"My Question." Biana chimed in standing very close to Dex. "Is why reach out to you? Why not my brother or Dex?

"I- I- I don't know." Keefe answered.

Keefe and everyone then went home to tell their parents.

Yeah, not a chance. Keefe thought as he pulled out his home crystal. Then he realized someone had to tell Grady and Edaline....

"I will tell Grady and Edaline. I owe it to them." Tam said as though he read Keefe's mind.

Then everyone went their separate ways.

I hope you enjoyed your 2 Chapters today. They were both pretty short, so I decided to publish 2 today. Thanks for Reading.

- The Author