Chapter 28

Keefe's POV

"Me and you," Keefe told Sophie. Keefe couldn't believe they were actually a couple. It was like his life was perfect aside from you know his horrible parents and his best friend joining the Neverseen but-

"I love you," Sophie said looking up at him.

"I love you more, I promise that's true."

Sophie yawned, for real this time. Keefe felt her start to drift off, so he picked her up.

"He..." Sophie started but was cut off by another yawn.

When Keefe got to Sophie's door Sandor opened it. Sophie was pretty much asleep by then, so he didn't bother with his nightly sweep. Keefe went to put Sophie in her bed but heard a scoff.  Keefe spun around.

"You two are pathetic," Fitz said.

"What do you want?" Keefe asked. "I'm sorry me and Sophie we weren't-"

"Weren't what? Kissing. Yeah, I saw that."

"No, I mean. Ugh. You're making this really difficult."

"That's the point," Fitz said.

Suddenly Fitz whipped around.

"What are you doing?!" Keefe shouted. Soon Sophie was up and by his side.

"Saving you," Fitz said. "Duck!" 

Sophie pulled Keefe down as he blasted a melder. Keefe spun and then noticed a HUGE hole in Sophie's wall where Fitz had just blasted. He was about to yell at Fitz when a figure appeared and fell to the ground. Alvar.

"We have to go. Now." Fitz said as he started going to the door.

"No kidding," Keefe replied.

Sandor slammed the door open hitting Fitz in the face. When Sandor noticed Fitz, he went to Sophie's side, sword ready. 

"What's going on?!" He asked.

"Ow," Fitz said rubbing his nose as Kefe burst out laughing.

"Dude, that was priceless," Keefe said between laughs.

"What happened to your wall?" Sandor asked unamused.

"Fitz-" Sophie started.

"Guys, forgetting something?!" Fitz interrupted.

"Maybe, but does that give you the right to interrupt my girlfriend?" Keefe said draping his arm around Sophie's shoulders.

"Will you two stop?!" Sophie shouted shrugging Keefe off.

Everyone just walked downstairs in silence. 

When they got downstairs Sophie called "Everglen." to the leapmaster. 

...

When they got to Everglen Biana, and Dex were there looking cute.

"Sophie? Keefe? What are you doing here?" Biana asked.

Then Fitz had to go and make himself known.

Biana screamed. "What are you doing here?" 

"Biana relax. I'm sure Sophie," Dex looked at Sophie and grabbed Biana, "has a very good explanation."

"I do I just-" Sophie got cut off by Della screaming.

"MOM?!" Fitz shouted.

Everyone ran in and saw Lady Gisela with a melder pointed at Della's head. That wasn't what had Biana ready to cry. Alden was busy tying up...

"Tam?! Linh?!"

Hi thanks for reading! I figured I would post today since I won't be on for a while. BYEEEE!!!!!

Cya later,

- The Author