Chapter 5: ...?

______________________________________

"People show their true colors, unintentionally. Pay attention."
______________________________________

(February 17, 2021) Wednesday, Afternoon
------------------------(William)-------------------------

Teacher: "Alright class! Group yourselves in 2! You are going to draw your selected partners!"

The only time Amy and I go to class together is in Art class and as best friends naturally, we always pair up together in group stuff like this.

Amy: "..."

"..."

We both are drawing each other, Though it seems Amy doesn't need to look at the canvas. I wonder if she is even drawing right.

"Make sure to draw properly."

She eventually looked away.

Seeing this as an opportunity to talk, I start talking again.

"Amy-"

Her eyes stare at me.

"What happened at the canteen earlier?"

Amy: "..."

She stared at me more for a while... before going back to drawing.

"And what was that talk you and Rose had earlier this morning??"

Amy: "Go back to drawing... It's nothing important anyways."

"Well... It's clearly important! Ever since you and Rose had that talk you guys started being really hostile to each other."

Teacher: "Mr. Adams! I can see that you are not done yet! Focus on your piece."

"Y-Yes Maam."

Well... I can talk to her after school I guess. She's going to my house after this anyways.

[After some time]

Amy finished her drawing as I did too. It was also time for the teacher to rate our drawings.

Amy: "Let me see yours."

I'm pretty sure it was mediocre at best but I think Amy thought otherwise. She was smiling like a kid that was just given candy.

Amy: "This is beautiful~! Can I keep this?"

"Uh... sure I guess... I'm pretty sure it's not that great though."

Amy: "You can have mine in exchange!"

I inspected the...painting?

"Uh..."

I... I'm... at a loss for words.

"This is-"

It wasn't even me right now. I think it was that time I first met Amy. I could distinctly remember that Cherry Blossom tree...

Amy: "I thought I could make a better drawing than you just sitting here so I made this instead and the teacher didn't say it had to be us right now."

Didn't the teacher say something about just drawing?

"... This looks really great but uh..."

Amy: "What is it?"

"Didn't the teacher-"

Teacher: "Excellent work Mr. Adams! But I think you can improve."

Teacher: "This piece is very excellent Ms. Campbell but I thought I said you will just draw today?"