Chapter 40: The End

Rose: " Your little plan you mean? I- "

" I messed up on alot of things, I admit. "

I struggle to stand up, having a bullet in your leg doesn't help.

" If we get Jess and leave, you'll just keep trying and trying, "

You reach into your pocket and pull out a zip lock filled with liquid.

" I'm also lucky in a way. "

You stare her down.

" Do you know what this is? I doubt you dont. "

You look back at the door.

" She must've heard that gunshot no? "

You limp as you walk to the door and lock it.

" I'll also thank you, I remember alot of things now. "

Rose stares at you in amazed way.

" That machine meddled with my thoughts and memories. I'll blame you for that one. "

Blood spurts from your leg as you drag two chairs and place one infront of her as you sit down with the other.

" I have alot of questions and you also probably. "

You gesture at the chair

" Sit down. "

Rose: " ... Hehehe... "

She chuckles then it turns into a maniacal sort of laughter.

Rose: " HAHAHAHAhahaha... Alright, I wanna talk to this charming version of you that I fell in love with again anyways. "

You both stare at each other in silence for a while, sitting across from each other, holding that yellow liquid in your hands as if it was a threat as she menacingly spins her pistol.

" Just who are you? I dont recall college students being like you nowadays. "

Rose: " That's because I'm nothing like your average college kids rich and alike. "

" Money can only get you so far, so just who are you?... "

Rose: " You know... this almost feels like a date. "

This is probably the most messed up kind of date then.

" We wont get anywhere if you keep avoiding questions. "

Rose: " I'm just savoring this moment, it's not always that you're back to your old self you know. "

" Then why change that? "

Rose: " Because this version of your wont ever love me. "

" So you'd settle for fake memories? "

Rose: " I'll admit... I love this version of you way more but I'm looking for that chance. "

She pauses then continues.

Rose: " Just maybe... the person I shaped in your image might integrate into your real personality. "

" And what if you lost me forever? "

Rose: " I dont need to think, you're living proof that it worked! "

" ... I guess so. "

You look at the door.

" But you're wrong about one thing. "

Rose: " Huh? "

You stand up and over her while she still sits, you clasp your hand over her hand that holds the gun and aim it at your chin.

" I don't love you. "

You place the ziplock into your mouth.

Rose: " What are you?... "

You turn off the safety, it seems she wasn't planning to shoot you any more than she had.

Rose: " Will... if you're trying to shoot your squishy cute brain then... It wont work. I have multiple ways to recover your memory. "

You stare her down.

Rose: " Also, that liquid could mean anything. I mean it's... yellow? Is it your pee or- "

She doesnt guess any further as you lock lips with her.

Rose: " !!! "

*BANG*

...

What... was that?

It sounded like a gunshot and... it came from the room Rose and Will went!

" Sorry Jess but I need to hurry! "

You drag her body to the car as if she was a dead corpse.

After a short break you immediately sprint back inside, then.

*BANG*

Ellis: " Will?! What's going on?? "

You try to open the door but it is locked.

Then you smell the scent of,

...

Rose: " Ah?! "

Rose: " MMMMMH!!?!!! "

Your head erupts into flames as the bullet shoots right through your skull, your body tightens it's grip onto Rose.

Rose: " AAAAHHMMMM!!!!! "

Your life flashes right before your eyes as the light consumes you and your surroundings.

Rose: " ... "

After a while, she stopped responding, just like Amy over there.

Ellis wanted to stay for a while, but decided not to let my sacrifice in vain.

Before the authorities could get there, the warehouse already collapsed in itself. Our bodies reduced to nothing but charred bones.

Jess woke up after a week or two, it didn't bother her too much, just what did she go through to think of nothing in this situation...?

Ellis... I hope you'll have it in you to forgive this boyfriend of yours...

Then again, this was for the best.

That paradise we bought thought of, It was impossible to begin with.

She would keep pursuing us until im finally hers.

You might argue that I could've just killed her and left myself alive.

...