Chapter 8: My Friend

______________________________________

"This... I wish we could go back. Before all of this ever happened."
______________________________________

(July 28, 2016) Thursday, Before Noon
------------------------(William)-------------------------

...

Last year was a total disaster but I have high hopes for this year...!

I just started high school last year and it wasn't the best experience. You could say... It was pretty hard.

"Can't believe I just found out about this place."

It's still pretty hard but I think things will change. I just found this beautiful spot behind the school!

I don't know why I didn't explore the school last year

I don't know why I didn't explore the school last year. Probably because I was busy? I don't know why the popular students and seniors don't know about this either. If they knew, then a lot of students would be here, and yet...

There isn't a single one here.

"This spot should be good," I mutter to myself.

I sat behind the tree and start opening my lunch box.

"..." I stare at it disappointingly.

I should really start eating something more appetizing and healthy.

[10 minutes later]

I was still eating my lunch when I heard footsteps lightly tapping on the grass. Does someone else know about this spot? Of course, it's just when I found out about it...

I stop eating my lunch and decided to wait for this person. Not long after that, I see a figure walk beside me and... stop?

???: "..."

"...?"

She's just staring at me while I stare back at her. Am I in her spot? I don't think I've seen her before either. Then again it's not like I talk much to anybody.

She was about to leave when I said something.

"Do you... want to share this spot?"

I scooch to my right and pat the grass beside me.

"I mean... I was here first after all."

I said jokingly.

???: "...?!"

She kept looking in all kinds of directions. It was pretty funny to see.

"It's fine if you don't want to you know... I could just go to a different spot."

She stops and looks at me.

???: "I-I'll sit here if you don't mind!"

She sits beside me and takes out her lunch quickly. I've got to say, It looked a lot more delicious and appetizing than mine. I end up staring at her lunch.