Chapter 6 : Sleepover

With the credit she made, Kalani show Chloe to her new transportation, she has traded in her beat-up Toyota for a matt finished Chevrolet Camaro, so dark it was hardly visible on the streets of night.

"I'm not sleeping in a car!" Chloe stood and shook.

"Come on! It has real leather!" Kalani opened the door for her. "And I still kept your sleeping bag!"

Chloe looked inside, resting on the rear passenger seat was the sleeping bag she gave to Kalani. She was touched.

"With all those credits you couldn't just rent a place?"

"Hey! I like to keep my place mobile!"

"Come on, let's go to some place decent!"

Under Chloe's direction, Kalani drove back to Midtown. She stopped in front of a building and looked up.

"I'm not sleeping in this place!" this time Kalani shook, looking at the grand hotel.

"It's okay. My family has membership here, my Mom wouldn't let me sleep anywhere else unsafe." Chloe pushed the door open.

"I have a SMG in the trunk. You can tell your mom that!"

"That's not what she meant."

A staff came to open the driver side door, but was intimidated by the young driver's eyes.

"Don't touch my car!" Kalani threw him a murderous look.

"He's going to park it for you." Chloe came around and explained, Kalani climbed out the car and handed the keys reluctantly.

"Change my seat an inch and that will be your neck!"

The young staff gulped, received her car keys with trembling hands, steering the Camaro away in ultra-slow speed.

"Would you please stop with the attitude?" Chloe asked.

"I don't like them charging money for formality, like leeches sucking blood out of you." Kalani snorted.

Chloe walked up to front desk and presented her card, the receptionist greeted her formally.

"Welcome back to the Plaza Hotel, Ms. Lukasiak. Will your family be joining soon?"

"No. Just me and my friend for the night." Chloe answered like she stays there all the time.

The receptionist punched in the data, and presented the key card over the table with a smile.

"Here is your key card, Ms. Lukasiak. Spa center opens until nine, would you like a reservation?"

"Two please, and thank you." Chloe smiled back and took the card.

The room was as luxurious as the hotel lobby, down to every detail, it made Kalani super uncomfortable.

"They charge six-hundred dollars for this shit??" Kalani read from the leather folder.

"Don't worry, I'm using the membership rate."

"That's not the point! It's four walls and a bed! It cost sixty at Days Inn!"

"So you do sleep in a bed."

"When I need a bath!"

Chloe called her mother to report her stay, then turned to Kalani.

"Let's go for a spa."

"We have a bathroom right here." Kalani looked at the spacious bathroom, equipped with every toiletry a shop would have.

"But I booked it already, it's non-refundable." Chloe said knowing Kalani.

"Dame it!"

* * *

In the changing room, Chloe removed her clothes and placed them neatly in a basket, but Kalani felt uncomfortable to change, especially with a staff attending.

"Do you have to be here?" she threw a look at the lady staff.

"I'll leave you changing." the staff smiled politely and exited the room.

"She's supposed to take our clothes to dry clean." Chloe explained.

"I don't need dry clean. In fact, I don't need it clean! Places like this make up every excuse to charge!"

"Let me worry about the charge. You just get change and be ready to take a relaxing trip to heaven."

"I trip better with ecstasy!"

"Promise you'll never say that in front of my mom!"

As Kalani began to undress, Chloe understood why she sent the staff away. At her lower back was a long scar, like someone slashed a blade across. On her right shoulder blade was a big tattoo of a spider and web, covering a large patch of skin that could only be burned scar. Chloe was speechless, thinking the kind of life this girl went through.

Kalani has never been in a sauna, let alone a full spa treatment. It was the most relaxing thing she ever experienced, although she refused to admit it.

"I don't know why you people waste money on these things. It feels just like my house in the summer!"

"It's call detox. It's good for your skin." said Chloe enjoying cooking in the heat.

"As if my life depends on it!"

"You should keep your body clean, it gives you a clear mind."

"The problem is you guys are keeping your bodies too clean, it's ruining your immune system."

"Quite the opposite. By living healthy, not only will it improve your body's immune system, but also..." suddenly Chloe was interrupted by a growl in her belly.

"You were saying?" Kalani cocked her head.

Chloe sat up holding her belly, her face displayed a disturbing pain.

"Excuse me, I think I need to..."

"Couldn't handle a little enchiladas?"

Kalani laughed out loud as Chloe rushed out the sauna.