Chapter 24 : Fueling

When they reached the taxi service, the Albanian headquarter was already alarmed by the car of their rival, all surrounding the arrival at gunpoint.

Kalani got out from the driver's side, raising her gun high and reversed, displaying a peace talk gesture. Chloe got out from the other side, carrying a duffel bag over her shoulder. Already with guns in hands, the Albanians got more tensed up spotting what the Columbian girl had in her other hand.

"We brought you gifts!" Kalani waving the grenade in her right hand, the safety pin was removed, meaning it would explode upon her release. "A BAG full of gifts!"

Chloe set the duffel bag on the hood, unzipped and showed the content, the crowd stood back as they saw it was filled with grenades.

A man in suit came out of the office, he looked at the duffel bag, then turned to the two young girls, he has raging eyes but spoke in a calm voice.

"So you are the ones messing up my business."

"Yes." Kalani smiled proudly.

"Who are you working for?"

"Why don't you check the trunk and see for yourself?"

Given a signal, the crew went to the back and opened the trunk, pulled out the two Ukrainians, their mouths and hands were bound by duct tapes, they faces covered in burns and bruises.

"The Ukrainians sent us to destroy your businesses, now they turned on us, so we're bringing them to you."

"And you think you can make it all up? By bringing two worthless thugs to me?" the leader spoke to Kalani's face.

"Oh we have more than that!" Kalani walked away from him, casually pacing around his men, checking them one by one. "Within the hour, they will take down all your businesses, the apartment on 3rd street, the garage behind the convenience store, the old post office..."

Kalani listed the addresses they visited on their first day, retrieved from the driver whom they almost burned to death, who probably died of dehydration where they left him.

"Do you want me to go on?" Kalani made a round trip and back to the man.

"We have contingencies for that." the man was unimpressed.

"Do you have contingency to take down the Ukrainians for good?"

The man blinked.

"We know the number of men they're sending out, meaning when their little soldiers are out robbing your businesses, they left their castle at York Street unguarded." Kalani named the spot from the two tortured Ukrainians.

"And you are telling me this because?"

"Because he screwed with us, and no one screws with the Columbians!"

Like a magic word, the leader blinked again, everyone else exchanged eyes.

"How do I know you're not sent by the Ukrainians? We could walk into a trap for all we know."

"No you don't, but at least you can walk up there with a bag full of grenades!"

To everyone's surprise, Kalani shoved the live grenade into the leader's hand. She could feel his hand began to tremble.

"Where... where's the pin? Give me the pin!" the leader panicked, holding the grenade for dear life.

"It's right here!" Kalani brushed away her dark hair, revealing the safety pin hanging on her left ear like an earring.

"Put it back! Right now!" the leader demanded, all guns now drew on her.

"But don't you want to see where the other one goes?"