Chapter 14 : Escape Route

They came out the corridor and saw two guards coming their way.

"That's her!" it was the man who came out the room with Kalani. "That little bitch stole my watch!"

"Which one?" Kalani turned to Chloe, as if wondering who the man was referring to.

"Really??" waste not another second, Chloe grabbed Kalani and ran the other way.

Kalani stopped half way down the corridor, kicked down a door and pulled Chloe inside, the room was occupied, a man and girl jumped at the intrusion.

"Don't mind us!" Kalani ran pass them to the bathroom.

"Bad idea!" Chloe said, thinking they would be cornered.

Kalani tore down the shower curtain, twisted into a rope, tied it over the doorknob and the pipe under the basin, the doorknob turned and jerked, followed by violent kicks to the door.

"Where're we gonna go?"

"Through that!" Kalani pointed to a narrow window behind the bathtub.

Of course there is! Chloe woke, forgotten the little windows she saw on the side of the building.

"D'you think you can fit your ass through that?" Kalani asked.

"My is no bigger than yours!" Chloe defended.

"Then get out! I'll hold them!"

Chloe stuck her head out, she was looking out at the construction site, next to the window were pipes running all the way down to the ground.

She climbed out, holding the pipe to her chest, stepped off the window and let herself slide down like a fireman. Her feet touched the ground and she looked up.

"Kalani!"

From above, a dark figure was sliding down at fast speed, Chloe jumped away just in time for Kalani's landing. To their right, guards from the gate were coming with flashlights, so the girls dashed to the opposite direction.

"There are dumpsters at the rear gate! We can climb over that!" Chloe said.

"Don't you think I know that?"

They made it to the dumpster, climbed over the wet plastic lid, Chloe grunted at the ugly touch, but able to get over the gate and landed on the other side.

She looked back, Kalani was engaging the two guards, the girl in black lashed out her talon blades, one in each hand, swinging like a cat, cut a man in the wrist, disabling him from reaching his gun. She grabbed it instead, slamming the handle to the other man's nose, bringing him down with a quiet grunt.

To Chloe's right she saw a pair of headlights, a vehicle was speeding towards them.

"There's more!" Chloe dreaded.

"Get down!"

Disarming the two guards, Kalani swung back with guns in both hands, fired rapid rounds through the fence and to the approaching vehicle, forcing it to speed up and drive pass. She shoved the guns to the small of her back, climbed up the dumpster and over the gate, landed next to Chloe. Far away they heard a screech, the car was making a comeback.

"Our ride is here!" Kalani draw out her guns again.

"What?"

Before Chloe could make any sense, Kalani fired again, advancing towards the incoming car, turning the wind shield into a white mist. She continued firing as she moved aside, shooting through the side window and the passengers behind it.

"Get them out! Guns! Phones! Wallets!" Kalani put away the guns and began pulling out the body. Chloe went to the other side and dragged out the passenger, not forgetting to remove his belongings.

Guns, phones and wallets, three things vital to a person. Chloe thought. Morris does it, and now Kalani, not bad for an apprentice!

She climbed in the passenger seat, Kalani already took the wheel, stomped on the accelerator and launched the vehicle into darkness.