Chapter 22 : Bait

Down at the club, Sabrina was showed to a customer old enough to be her dad. She immediately sat on his lap, cuddling like a kitten.

"Hi! I'm Violet!" she leaned against his chest. "Wow! You're huge! Just like my gym teacher!"

The man was apparently pleased with her words, wrapping his arm around her.

"How come there are so few customers here?" Sabrina looked around the floor.

"There are more, they all went upstairs." the client laughed. "Would you like to come up with me?"

"Oh! I thought you'll never ask!"

Sabrina hopped down from his lap, took his arm like lovers and headed to a flight of stairs, a guard handed her a key and let them pass.

"Room 7! My lucky number!" she announced to her earpiece.

They reached the upper floor and found the room, Sabrina slipped in the key and opened the door, took her client's arm and sat him down on the bed, began removing his clothes. By the time Sabrina striped the man to his socks and underwear, a knock came behind the door.

"Room service."

"I didn't order any!" the client shouted, but Sabrina placed a finger to his lips.

"Shhhh. Compliment from the club, let me get it!"

The client laid on the bed in his underwear, watching the young girl disappeared at the corner, thinking the pleasure he will soon receive. His eyes glowed as the girl Violet returned with a pretty young blonde, he was overwhelmed, until he saw boys entering the room with guns in their hands.

The gang secured the man in duct tape, sealing his eyes and mouth and dumped him in the bathtub, then began searching through his belongings.

"Take anything but leave the wallet." Chloe instructed.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"We need them identified, take cash and credit cards, but leave their IDs." Chloe then turned to Sabrina. "Are you all right? Did he hurt you?"

It took a second for the gangster girl to react, no one besides her gang has ever showed concern of her safety. She felt touched, but she kept her pride.

"What? You think a street girl like me couldn't handle some suits?" Sabrina smirked.

"All right. Let's go to phase two."

Sabrina began knocking on doors, using the same method to lure clients to open, robbing from room to room, securing the men and sent the girls away.

"Go to the roof and get out. Don't ever come back!" Chloe told the working girls.

"Who the hell are you? I'm not leaving here until I get my money!" a young girl refused.

"You do everything I say, I'll give you one of these."

Chloe reached into her pocket and drew out a pill, like Violet, the young girl's eyes drawn to it like a spell, the girls quickly disappeared up the stairs and headed out the roof.

They work better than money! Chloe confirmed Kalani's words.

The heist continued until they covered half the floor, when a guard stood at one end and yelled.

"What's going on here?" he pulled out his gun, the gang froze in the narrow corridor.

Chloe stood the closest, she slowly turned her head and assessed. She has her back to the gun and a few steps away, too far to make a move before the bullet hits her. She raised both hands to a surrender posture, showing she was unarmed but a stick in her hand.

The guard was about to report to his radio when Chloe pressed her new baton, from the base shot out the spring-action three foot long pole, so powerful the tip punctured through the radio and to the man's jaw, he was unconscious before he hit the ground.

"DAMN! Chloe! What the hell was that??" the boys stunned.

"Consider yourself lucky she didn't use it on you this morning!" Kalani said from the radio.

"Time to go!" Chloe said. "Kalani, we're leaving now!"

"It's about time!" Kalani picked up her phone and dialed a number.

At the front gate, two guards spotted a pair of headlights approaching from the dark, its position too high for an ordinary vehicle, its back was carrying an orange glow.

Before they could make out what they were looking at, the flaming truck went off the road and ran over the fence, smashing through the double door and into the hotel lobby, dumpsters of burning trash poured over the area, turning the ground floor into a sea of fire.

Reaching the rooftop, Chloe and the gang could already hear sirens of fire engines coming from a distance.

"How did they get here so fast?" Sabrina looked out at the flashing lights.

"Kalani called ahead."

Chloe shut the fire exit and jammed an iron bar to the door, keeping the suspects from escaping. She knew it was a risk to lock people inside a burning building, she just hope Kalani went easy on the gasoline.

"What about our pay?" a few working girl stood, still waiting for the pills.

"Get everyone up the ladder." Chloe instructed. "We need to get out of here fast, or it gets worse."

"Why? Are the police coming?"

"Not exactly."

Looking down from the roof, Sabrina saw multiple news vans pulling in from either end of the street, reporters jumped out with their cameras and spotlights, went to work immediately.

"How did they know?" asked Sabrina sending the girls up the ladder.

"We called the network too." Chloe touched her earpiece. "Kalani, get into position, we have a plus-four. I repeat, plus-four!"

"It's gonna be packed like sardines!"

Fire fighters set parameters at the scene, pulling hoses to control the fire, too busy to take notice of the building next door. Chloe led her team down to the ground floor, ran out the backdoor and caught in the light of a news van, everyone froze, not knowing what to do.

"Are you just going to stand there??" Kalani popped her head out of the side window.

"You stole a news van?" Chloe gasped.

"You told me plus-four, I pick what I see!"

Chloe slipped into the front passenger seat, made a headcount and gave Kalani the signal to drive.