Chapter 19 : Witness

They reached the address on the file, and wasn't hard to find the house. Already they could hear Violet screaming from inside.

"Fuck You! Leave me alone!"

"I'll teach you to speak with that mouth of yours!" a man cursed, followed by some slapping and struggling.

Chloe ran up and kicked the door down, saw a man in white tank top grabbing Violet.

"Stop!" she went up and caught the man's arm, twisting it to an angle.

Her move caught the man by surprise, but soon he let go of Violet and swung out a fist, Chloe sent out a double kick, first knocking his fist away and came back to his throat, it hit directly on the Adam's apple.

The man fell to the floor and choking in agony, Kalani stomped his face against the floor and leaned over.

"Stay!" she said like ordering a dog.

"Lori? How did you find me?" Violet stunned.

Under broad daylight and no makeup, the young girl was pale at the skin, her lips were chapped, her eyes dark and filled with bloodshot, as if drugs stole twenty years of her youth.

"You need to come with us. We need to ask you some questions." Chloe said to her.

"Are you cops?"

"No!" both girls answered, fearing that it would scare the girl away.

"Why should I help you? I don't even know you." the girl looked at the intruders with doubtful eyes.

"But I bet you know this!"

Kalani produced a little white pill in her hand, Violet's eyes suddenly glowing with light.

"For every question you answered, you get one of these." Kalani moved the pill from side to side, Violet followed it with craving eyes.

"What do you want to know?"

Chloe wanted to take her some place nice, but Kalani just dragged the girl to the back alley. To everyone's surprise Kalani grabbed Violet by the hair and slammed her into a brick wall.

"What are you doing??" Chloe gasped.

"Good cop. Bad cop." Kalani whispered, turned back to Violet and yelled. "What did you tell them??"

"What..." the confused girl cried.

"What did you tell the guards??"

"I didn't tell them anything!"

"Liar!!" Kalani grabbed her hair again, this time throwing her to the ground. "I got my ass shot everywhere I turned. You must told them something!"

"I didn't! I swear! I never even see you before!"

"LIAR!!"

Chloe couldn't bear to look as Kalani continued beating the girl. She wanted to stop but she trust Kalani knew what she was doing.

"Please!! I was just doing what I was told!" Violet begged in tears.

"Who?"

"I don't know his name! I don't know anyone's name! Father Roberts told me to just do what they say!"

"How long have you been working for Roberts?"

"Only a few times!"

"How?"

The two stood listening to the girl's story. Violet sitting against a dumpster with a bleeding nose, told them that Roberts would snuck them drugs, luring them to work for the Albanians, in return the girls will receive both money and drugs.

"When is the next time you work?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know. They just call me."

"How?"

"They gave me this." Violet showed a burner phone from her pocket, Kalani snatched it from her.

"Anonymous number." Kalani showed it to Chloe.

"They call me, I don't call back." Violet said, still grunting from the beating. "Can I have it now?"

When Chloe has no more questions. Kalani pulled out a bottle of white pills, Violet's eyes glowed like she saw gold, but her expression soon changed when Kalani poured the pills to the ground, crushing them under her boot.

"NOOO!!" the girl cried in despair, pressing her face to the ground and began licking the white powder.

Chloe grew from pity to repulse looking at the young addict picking the remains off the dirty street, licking and sucking like her life depends on it.

"Come on. She has no use to us!" Kalani said coldly and pulled Chloe away.