tina

Tina's pov
Plane crash

Survivors guilt is defined as feeling bad for surviving a situation when others died. And that's what happened. The day I was left alone, alive I had summer school, if it hadn't been for that I would have died along side my family. Mr frond bursted through the classroom with the mini tv to show us the news. It was a plane that had crashed into the entrance of the wharf. 54 people died from that. 4 being my family. I still remember the video show and the report given.

"Breaking news just 10 minutes ago a spirit plane crashed into the entrance of wonder wharf. So far 30 people have been confirmed dead and 45 others have injuries. The damage has spread across almost the entire pier as police help others out of the park. The plane was coming from California and was supposed to make it to florida. Police have yet to identify why the plan went down in the first place."

Of course I had no idea my family was involved, the report said nothing about the damage reaching far enough down the street to harm them. After we watched the report mr frond sent us all home early, so i walked. By the time I reached my house I could see the damage from my door. The restaurant was marked as closed and I didn't see anyone inside so I went upstairs and no one was their either. That's when I started to fear the worse. Before I went over the crash I thought I should check the news channel website, they might have listed the dead people by now. I scroll down the website on their latest story hoping to god I don't see belcher on it once. And I was right, because I saw it four times. They were all already dead. They had already died. And if I hadn't had summer school I probably would have died too. Why did they even leave the restaurant in the first place? There's no way they can actually be dead right? I end up at the scene behind the cop barriers looking at the damage. It doesn't look or feel real. What are the odds this plane lands here? Why was my family in the wreckage in the first place? And here are they now? The hospital? Or no where? Maybe I'm dreaming, this makes no sense. It's so odd. And why am I still here? If my family is really did why am I the only survivor? How come I have to know where when and how they died but they get to move on? But they'll come home, soon, maybe. I mean I'm standing here staring at all this mess, cops and firemen everywhere, but it just isn't feasible. Even though the website did confirm their identities. so what do I do now, Wait? Wait for what? My family to come back. Can they come back? If you can come back please do. I trudge my way back home and stare into the empty restaurant, my empty kitchen, and living room. Should I call someone? I could call aunt gayle.. but what if it drives her more mad? I try to watch the news to see if there's any new information.

"Hours ago a plane crashed into wonder wharf on ocean Avenue, killing 52 people and harming 61. The channel 19 website has a list of all the confirmed deaths for those concerned. The plane was on route to florida, when police said the plane connectors went bad and took the pilot off course, and when the pilot tried to go on course his fuel was low leading him to crash here in seymour bay. There are many people here crying over their loved ones and even people from out of town who have flown in just too see."

I ended up back on the website scrolling through all the names and only recognizing mom, dad, Gene and louise. I feel bad for all these other peoples families, are they going through what I am right now? But it wouldn't be the same would it? I doubt any of these people also lost their whole family to a plane crash leaving them all alone as the survivor. I mean I really am alone now aren't I. I am the only living resident in this house. All i can think about is why am I alive? What's so special about me that I still had to be here? The weight is so heavy I can't even make it to my room, I fall asleep, lightly crying, on the couch. I don't care if I had summer school again I didn't bother getting up to go. Everything I had before was literally crushed leaving me with nothing but myself. The worst thing I could have been left with. My stomachs growling at me to eat after skipping lunch and dinner yesterday but I don't even have the energy make anything and the only reason I can even get up is to use the bathroom.  Maybe i should call aunt gayle even just too let her know, it she doesn't already. I dial her number on the no so hidden emergency phone and make sure to identify myself as not a murderer.