Faith ( Knight Male Reader )

Queen POV

I stand before all my troops. All my people.

"They are coming for us," I announce as discontent arises in the crowd.

I stand atop a grand castle. My people look at me, fear in their eyes.

The giant mass of people flood the streets of my kingdom. All of them hoping for good news. But I have none. 

"I won't mislead any of you. Our Kingdom will fall," I declare sadly. Discontent rises even more.

Crowds are starting to became restless.

I like to think I've been a good Queen considering my young age. My people were always happy under my rule. However, enemy nations seek to end it.

"I'm sorry," I finish as everyone bursts into screams asking questions that even I don't know the answer to.

I'm sorry everyone. I have no more choices.

"My Queen," my commanding Knight says as I turn around to leave

"What (Y/N)," I say in a sour voice. I feel sick to my stomach.

"Do you have no faith?" He asks me as I look at him. His armour hides his face, I've never seen his face before. He served under my father and when the crowned was passed to me he was promoted to commander.

"What do you mean?" I ask him as his (E/C) look into mine

"Do you have no faith in me?" He asks again, his voice cracking with emotion.

I stood stunned for a moment.

"Do you not believe that I can protect our wonderful kingdom? Do you believe I will fail the task that your father has given me?" He asks. Yes. My father gave this Knight the task of protecting me.

"I---I don't know," I say defeated.

"My highness. This Kingdom will not fall under your rule," he says filled with passion.

"I don't see how that will be true!" I say as he continues to stare at me.

"So you have no faith," he says looking away into the panicking crowd.

He does something I'd never expect. He marches to face the entire crowd. All of our people.

"Attention!" He yells. His voice overpowers everything that was in progress.

The crowd falls silent.

"The moment we lay down and accept defeat is the moment that the kingdom dies!" He screams for everyone to hear.

"The Queen will die! Our families will die! Everything will die!" He yells.

"So. I will do everything in my power to prevent that! We must not lose hope!"

"I will die before the kingdom dies! I will happily lay down my life for our Queen, and that's what I will do!"
He finishes as the coward continues its silence.

Then a cheer erupts. A cheer that was so loud that any neighbouring nation would hear.

He turned around, Looked at me, and nodded.

What does that mean?

Oh. I see.

He kneels as I approach him. I look at the crowd.

"Till death do us part," I tell everyone as they all nod.

(Y/N) POV 1 month later

I stand atop hundreds of bodies. The war was bloody. The battle zones ripped to pieces.