so, she's hot

I held onto his shoulder when we crossed the street, stopping and catching our breath just outside the place. It smelled familiar, like cigarettes and alchohol, like the places I was hanging out when I was Stan's age.

I scratched my arm, nudging him with my elbow. "You scared?"

"Hell no I'm not scared!" He argued, shoving me back.

"Oh yeah?" I teased, poking his forehead, "You look scared as shit, man,"

"You don't know what you're talking about, I'm gonna get a tattoo of a knife," Stan smiled.

I burped into my sleeve and asked, "For Diego?"

"Ew, gross man, its 'cuz its badass," He groaned. "Nevermind I'll get a tattoo of a gun."

"Get a tattoo of a butt right on your head," I poked him again and he swatted my hand away with a smile.

He slapped his hand against mine and laughed, "I'll do it,"

I itched at my arm and shook my head, "No, no, StanMan, rule one of tattoos is you can't get it on your face till you're like, 30. We should so something matching like two barfing cats or something,"

I reached out for the door and belched again, swinging it open and leading the lil man inside. I walked up some stairs, constantly looking back to make sure he was still there with me, holding his small wrist in my hand to keep him close.

For a biker place, it was intimidating. Very smoky, lots of aggressive people and way, way too many people asking Stan questions. I swung him ahead of me so my sights were on him, shoving him to the door that said "Members." But Stan paused right in his tracks, looking directly up at a woman on a stage.

She was topless.

"Wow, okay man," I chuckled, covering his eyes and leading him to the door.

"No, no no wait I was‐"

"Yeah sure, kid," I joked, "Little pervert."

"Yeah well Uncle Five gets to run around with my mom naked," He argued.

I stopped just before I got to the door, letting go of his eyes. I turned him to me, the smile completely removed from my face.

"What did you say?" I asked, quiet and dampened.

He blinked, cute eyelashes fluttering as he watched my heart snap in front of him. "He.. left late in the night, and when I saw him, Lila was in only a towel, telling my dad about all the people she slept with."

My hands dropped from him completely and I stood there, scratching my sides. I looked back at the people in the bar who had at this point forgotten about us, I looked at the exit and I looked at the strippers. I turned back to Stan and swallowed.

"Let's go get matching tattoos, huh? They can be knives, since they're badass.." I itched, pushing open the Members door.

He was a little quiet with his response, but he nodded excitedly, "Yeah.. okay,"

Someone was already in the chair, the gun whirring and zinging in the hands of the tattooer. We walked closer and I burped into my fist, muttering about the breakfast from earlier, waving it away when the guy turned around.