chapter 8

henry was carrying out of the hospital and into a nice car. was it his? i had so many questions. he set me gently into the passenger and buckled me in. he gave me a soft kiss on the lips and got into the drivers side. after about an hour of driving we passed a sign. "welcome to Hawkins!" it read. what? we're still in hawkins?? "hey.. what are we still doing in hawkins?" i asked him softly. breaking the silence. "oh i have a safe house here sweetheart. i promise it's okay." he smiled at me and put his hand on my thigh while the other hand was on the wheel. he pulled into a driveway. it was a huge mansion with stained glass which had a rose on it on the front door. he helped me out of the car and lifted me up. "baby i can walk.." i said implying i wanted down. "i know." he smirked but didn't let me down. i smiled and kissed him. we stepped into the house. it had a very creepy feeling to it.. i hated it. "i know it's kind of gross and banged up in here but.. we'll fix it up nice. we'll make it a family home. he smiled big at me. i went over and kissed him. he grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs. "i'll get us new furniture because this stuff is ancient." he said laughing. i laughed and he looked at me. "sweetheart.. you've been different since we left the lab.. what's bothering you?" he asked worried i knew what was bothering me. i couldn't get out of my head how he killed all those kids.. i felt so bad. "henry.. after what i saw.. at the lab.." i started but he cut me off. "that wasn't me. the person you saw was a side of me i never wanted you to see and that i promise you will never see again. that side of me was protecting my family. he was protecting you, my love. and i know that's scary. absolutely terrifying. but i will always protect you." he said and my heart melted. i tilted my head and gave him sweet eyes. i walked over to him and gently wrapped my arms around him. i cried into his chest and he rubbed my back with his hand. i felt him kiss the top of my head. "princess i love you. and i know it's early to say that but.." my face got hot, i was so nervous but i interrupted him. "i love you.. so much." i replied. he smiled really big and i laid my head back on his chest and continued to hug him. i pulled away from the hug and passionately kissed him. he lifted me up and i wrapped my legs around him. he carried me up the stairs and placed me on the bed, not breaking the kiss. he slowly went down and kissed my neck. hard enough to make me moan. "henry.. henry this mattress is really.. uncomfortable." i said between kisses. he broke the kiss and sat over me, his face confused. he lifted me up and set me down on the floor to feel the mattress. he realized how uncomfortable it was as well and took me down to the couch. we set down and it was much more comfortable. it was a nice leather couch with a fuzzy gray blanket on the back of it. i moaned as he kissed me and sucked on my neck. we heard footsteps on the front porch and the sound of bikes dropping outside. what the hell? he ran towards the door but made sure i stayed far behind him so i wouldn't get hurt. it was 4 little kids. they probably explored this house because henry had said it was considered the "haunted house of hawkins." i saw one kid who needed a haircut, a curly haired chubby boy, a skinny darkskin boy with buck teeth and... eleven? "eleven!" i shouted. i ran out onto the porch and lifted her up off the ground. i hugged her tight because i thought she'd never see her again. henry's mouth was wide open as he probably thought she died. but she's tough. "i'm glad you're okay sweetheart." henry said hugging eleven. i smiled. the other kids were almost protective over eleven. "hey. i'm mike wheeler and this is dustin, and lucas. we didn't think people lived here." mike said in an apologetic tone. "oh that's okay kiddo. we're just staying here. sort of house sitting for my dad while he's out of town." henry said with a big smile on his face. "el.. maybe you can stay with your mom and dad while we come visit you every now and again. like every day!" mike said. mom and dad? is that what he thought we were.. i guess i never thought about being a mom... i could tell henry had similar thoughts. he usually did when it came to me. "uh yeah eleven. you should stay with us honey." i said and henry nodded. eleven smiled and hugged mike. el then stepped inside and we waved to the kids and shut the door. "hey.. the bad men.. won't get us here eleven. i promise you. and if they ever were to in any way show up i'd go back to that lab if it meant you and.. allie we're safe here." henry crouched down by her and smiled as he said those words. that was really sweet. i actually felt like for the first time in.. ever i had a real family. a real happy family. i was happy. yes i saw what henry did to those kids and yes.. it bothered me for a while. but i realized that he did it to protect his new family. so in my book, he's definitely alright.